I know it's been awhile since my last blog. This one won't include pictures either because I haven't been able to figure out how to download them on to the computer. It doesn't automatically pop up like it used to when you plugged in the camera, which means that Aaron has fixed something and failed to tell me how to appropriately use it.
When I do finally post pictures hopefully the pictures from the awful storm we drove through on the way to the beach, will have come out and you'll be able to see what we were dealing with. On Saturday we drove to Newport. It rained the whole time, which was fine because this is Oregon and it's winter and that's what happens. Just as we were nearing Lincoln City we noticed the lightning and a little bit heavier rain. I can deal with a little bit heavier rain, but then it started to hail and sleet and rain really hard to the point where even with the windshield wipers on the highest setting you could barely see the car in front of you. We all slowed to about 20-25 MPH. It was so loud on the car it woke Rebekah from a nap and I remember telling Aaron that I felt like I was driving through the midwest. All we needed was a tornado! Oh but wait, I had remembered seeing something on the news about a tornado in Lincoln City, so then I wondered if they were going to have another! When the hail stopped and we got to a clearing, it looked like there was snow all over the roadway. In Lincoln City the rain let up a little so that you could see the cars in front of you, but there was still some lightning and patches of heavy rain. Everywhere we looked it looked like snow built up on the streets and on peoples cars, but in fact it was just hail...and lots of it. At the Salishan Lodge was where we got hit hard again. This time with really loud thunder that immediately followed the lightning bolts we could see from the car, then the really hard rain fell again making it impossible to see the cars in front of you, behind you, beside you or anywhere. We did finally make it to Newport and stopped at the Fred Meyers there. My hands hurt because I was gripping the steering wheel so hard. It was a very intense drive. It poured on the rest of our journey, but we did finally make it to where my parents were staying.
I wish I could say the Thunderstorms ended there, but they didn't. That night while my husband and daughter slept soundly, I was counting the times between lightning flashes and big booms of thunder. Everytime it would quiet down and I would start to fall back asleep it would start up again. Sometimes the thunder was just continuous into the the next thunder. From about 12:30am-5am we had thunderstorm after thunderstorm. Needless to say, this wasn't the vacation I was wanting. I love a good thunderstorm, just not when I'm trying to sleep. We did however get a rain free afternoon on Sunday and went down to the Marine Hatfield Science Center (cause its free) and Rebekah had fun looking at the fish and the big Octopus. Then we were able to walk a little on the beach before the clouds came in and started to rain again.
We were able to enjoy a nice weekend with "nana" and "papa". Rebekah had fun swimming in the indoor pool and looking at the toy book for Walmart that was in Friday's paper.
All in all it was a good weekend.
Tomorrow I have an interview at the Target in Wilsonville. It's not ideal, but it's a job and it will help us through the holidays. I promise to find out how to upload the pictures on here so you can see our adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment