Thursday, September 16, 2010

Heaven

I love to plan a good party....should have thought alittle bit more about it before I took on two big parties two weekends in a row. Plus there is secret projects to work on and all kinds of crazy things. I haven't been doing much else but planning and working on secret projects.

There are also other events...like Oktoberfest in Mt. Angel for one...okay the only one I can think of. But it's major. Our church serves up yummy fried potato skins and fried mushrooms/zucchini (which I don't think are very yummy) during the four days of O'fest. It's a busy time, but its our biggest money maker. I was hoping the weather would be great, but it looks like it will be rain. I haven't worked the booth in awhile, but am going to tomorrow night during the dinner/drunk rush. I love selling food to drunk people...they probably didn't think they were hungry until you offered them something yummy and fried. LOL It will be a long day, because I will go straight from work and work there for four hours. It will be fun though and is always like a school reunion. Always run into at least one person you know.
On Saturday evening my friend Lisa and her bf "shoes" are coming down to enjoy some O'fest beer, good food and friends. It will be nice to go out, as it is Aaron and i don't get very much chance to do that. Even if we just eat, it will be enough for me.


Rebekah's story for the day:

As you've read already, my mom and grandpa had big birthday's this week. I was showing Rebekah the pictures I posted on here of Nana and Grandpa Wendell. There are a couple with my late grandma Wilma in them. Tonight she was so cute and said "Where is Grandma Wilma?" I pointed up and said she was living in heaven. A little while later she says to me "Grandma Wilma's upstairs". I laughed....oops..of course I meant she's in the sky in heaven, but I pointed up and up is upstairs. Then I tried to tell her that heaven was up in the sky, but I don't think she was buying it. She asked if she could see Grandma Wilma and I said that when she was lots and lots of years older she would see her in heaven.


No comments: