On Sunday we had one of our many Christmases with my roommate from college and really good friend. Lisa and her bf "shoes" came over and I planned a fun dinner. It was the first time we got to use our China that we received from my aunt and uncle just prior to our wedding (almost 5 years ago). It was their china when they got married and they got new stuff and gave us the old. It's been in a box ever since we got it. Thank goodness for Aaron who was able to reach it and let us use it for the first time. Our place is really small in the downstairs portion, but we moved some furniture around and got the table out from against the wall. We were all able to sit to a nice dinner.
After dinner we had presents and as soon as Rebekah had her first one she started to tear into it. She was pretty disappointed when I made her stop until all the presents had been handed out. She got a couple of new books; Curious George and Duck and Goose Christmas. I love the Duck/Goose one, it's really cute. Then she got a floor puzzle that is also a game. It took a few minutes, but with the help of "shoes", Lisa and I we managed to get it together.
Then we had a wonderful dessert thanks to Lisa (Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese frosting). We certainly didn't need it, but it was FANTASTIC!
Since then it's been a mad dash to wrap presents and get ready for our 2nd and 3rd Christmases. We have our Gunter Family gathering on Saturday and then a smaller Gunter gathering with my brother and parents on Sunday. It's going to be a busy weekend...so I'm glad that I will be taking tomorrow off so that I can be extra rested. Tomorrow is exciting because it's a date day with Aaron. My parents are watching REbekah and we are off to see Harry Potter and squeeze in a lunch or osmething fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment