You would think with me not working I would have more time to blog, but sadly that is not the case. The last few weekends have been pretty busy and my nights are busy with trying to find a new place to live or a job. As some of you know, the duplex which we rent is owned by Aaron's parents. They built a large home a little over a year ago, but they just can't afford to keep it with the economy the way it is. Aaron's dad is having a hard time with getting work, like many of us are feeling. So they are downsizing with the intent of moving back into this side of the duplex where Aaron and I are. Which means that we have to search for a new place to live. I am sad to leave, as it was just starting to feel like home here. But at the same time it was just getting too difficult to come up with the rent money to stay here, with me not working. We would like to stay in the S. Salem area if possible, but are open to Keizer or even Silverton as an alternative. We don't really want to move back into an apartment, but would rather move into another duplex or townhouse. A garage is essential to us as we have a lot of stuff that could fill it. Getting a storage place isn't what we want to do, but will if we need to.
Rebekah has been a busy little girl. She has learned to nod yes and no, except she doesn't know which is which nor what they mean.....but it's still cute to watch her nod her head at you. She's been working on her walking and over the weekend took more than her standard six steps and fall down. She's still not overly confident in herself and she seems to walk more at home, in familiar territory. She is also getting her first molar, which has caused some unhappiness for her. A couple of days last week she had a fever, and it meant sleeping in a chair and lots of cuddling. Cuddling is always nice, but not so much in the middle of the night when you'd rather be sleeping.
Over the weekend she got a mysterious rash, which I now believe was just heat rash. She was a little dehydrated on Saturday, but yesterday we gave her tons of liquids. Today she woke with almost the whole rash gone. Which is good, because I really didn't want to have to take her to the doctor. She spent the day inside today and probably will again tomorrow. It's bad enough that Aaron and I have to be outside for any length of time when it's 100 plus degree's outside. I feel bad for Aaron because he works in a stuffy warehouse and only has a/c in his little office area, but often times he doesn't spend much time in there.
There are a couple of state jobs I am applying for and a few jobs I've seen online. Hopefully something will come around, but in the meantime I am back on my unemployment. Which is nice. This last weekend we had a yard sale out at my parents place. We sold a few items and made about 80 bucks, but still have lots of stuff left. My mom thought that maybe we could have another sale in a few weeks and see if the weather will cool down some and we can get rid of some more things. We'll see.
I apologize that I do not have any new pictures of Rebekah. It's just been too crazy and it's hard when your cuddling the whole time. I'll try to take some this week and get them up on here.
No comments:
Post a Comment