Saturday, October 9, 2010

When you are not busy...you are sick

at least it worked out during a time in my life when I have time to rest. The last three weekends have been busy birthday weekends and am glad I have some time to rest up. I went to a training last week for work. It was on how to work/deal with developmentally challenged individuals on a one-on-one basis. It was good to go and felt that even though sitting there for eight hours taking in all the infomration was a lot, it was good information.
I will next take a CPR/FirstAid class paid for by my employer. This is so I can be a fill in for some of the places we contract with. Currently we (Garten Mail) is contracted through ODOT to operate their mail room and other aspects. I went on Tuesday and got a badge that will let me into the ODOT facilities. We also toured one that one of my co-workers moved to. It is really nice. It is still in the process of being made over. There is only one group there now. It will eventually have six cubicle lands. In each land is a copy/coffee room with a bunch of storage, full fridge and sink. This is also where the mail boxes will be. They also have a fitness room and full locker rooms with showers. SO nice. The cafeteria is HUGE with two big screen tv's on the wall and 11 micorwave ovens. I've never seen so many microwaves before. They have an indoor bike storage area and every room/bathroom is handicap accessible. So if you wondered what our tax dollars pay for...they pay for cool stuff for their employees. This building is a 10 year temporary building until the other buildings for ODOT get a makeover.

In other news Rebekah is still fighting her cold and where I thought it was getting better it appears the cough is not. I think I might have to take her to the doctor after all. She is still busy despite being sick. She is enjoying the new sitter and learning a lot about sharing I think. She's talking really well and most of the time I can understand the things she says. They are crazy talk sometimes, but it's fun. We haven't decided on what she'll be for Halloween, but think we may try for Minnie Mouse. I am hoping that we can just make her costume and not have to buy one. I think all she needs is a polka dot dress and I've got mickey ears she can wear. We'll see. I might try to go to goodwill tomorrow and see if they have anything. Even if it is just a red or pink dress I could make polka dots. I think she'd be really cute as Minnie.

Well before I close this blog I want to ask that you send out good thoughts for my SIL Aimee who will be having surgery on her shoulder on Monday morning. It is an out patient procedure but I do wish her well. Also ask for thoughts for a friend of a friends little baby girl who had heart surgery. Just good thoughts that her recovery goes well.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How long will Aims be recovering for? I hope noo noo nana mellows until she feels better!! (and you get better already. enough of this cold!)

Elizabeth said...

I am not sure how long recovery will be. mom and dad left today to care for the kids while they are gone. they hope to be home by thursday, but jeremy may have to work and depending on how her mobility will be. lots of stuff in the air. I would love to be over this cold.

Anonymous said...

Being sick is the worst! Have sick kids is even worse! Hope you all feel better soon!