Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Busy days

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. Sometimes not a whole lot is going on and I don't think you want to know about our boring day to day stuff. Here are the highlights of what's been going down with the Magee's lately.
Last weekend we traveled to Bend for niece Izzy's 3rd Birthday. They had her party at a new place called Bouncing off the Walls. It's an inflatable wonderland indoors. They had three bouncy houses, one inflatable slide, a bouncy jousting ring and an inflatable obstacle course. It was staged in a huge warehouse with carpet and mats. There were other toys and room to run for all the kids (adults too). Rebekah didn't really know what to do at first, but then got the hang of it and started enjoying the bouncy part. Someone helped her through the obstacle course too, so she thought that was way fun. After the playing was done we went to another room for cake and ice cream. Staff served the cake and did clean up. Then they had a blow up King/Queen chair for the birthday child to sit in. Whoevers present was being opened, that person got to sit in the big chair. It was really cool. Rebekah really enjoyed the time spent on the chair and wished that every present was one we'd given Izzy so she could sit in the chair. The staff wrote down who all the presents were from and put all the gifts in a big tote lined with a plastic bag. Afterwards they helped carry out all the gifts. I have never seen such dedicated staff. It was pretty awesome.
We stayed with aaron's brother Jeremy for the night and Rebekah enjoyed having time to play with Izzy and her new toys. Now we know what to get her for her birthday (or not)!
The Big Chair

Rebekah bouncing
The birthday girl having fun!
Beep Beep....here comes the police!
What you can't really see is that my husband is having a jolly good time in the princess bouncy house.
Aaron going down the jumbo slide.

The other news is about Rebekah "falling" at day care. What I didn't want to post on Facebook was what really happened as I didn't want a bunch of bad judgement on the part of our daycare provider I guess. She wasn't there at the time of the incident because she'd gone to open the door for one of the parents. Apparently one of the other little boys around Rebekah's age pushed her and she triped and fell into the high chair. At the time she got to the "scene" the boy was hugging Rebekah. After getting her calmed down, Rebekah told them that it was this boy who had pushed her. Come to find out that this little boy has been nothing but trouble there and has been doing a lot of pushing. I know that kids are going to do that sort of stuff and I know accidents happen so I'm not mad about it or anything.
At first they thought it was just something minor because she didn't have very much bleeding, but about 15 minutes after they texted me about it, they called to have me come pick her up. When I got there she was coloring with the daycare providers son and just acting like everything was okay. Then I got a look inside her mouth and was nothing I'd ever seen before in my life....a giant hole. That didn't go all the way through, but close enough to be disgusting. This was Rebekah's first BIG accident so I was a little unsure about what to do. I decided to call KP (Kaiser Perm) as they have the on call nurses you can speak with. I was on hold for 40 minutes and never talked to anyone. Finally gave up and drove across town to the Hospital Urgent care....only to get there and have it be closed. Automatic meltdown...started crying in the parking lot...called Aaron in a panic because I didn't know what to do and she was complaining of it hurting and she was hungry. I didn't want to be in the ER for 5 hours only for them to tell me that there wasn't anything we could do. So we just came home. Stopped at Sonic for dinner and a smoothie. Got home and then she didn't want to eat or drink anything. Was able to get an ice pack on her mouth and some tylenol as that was all we had. After she went to bed, I texted my friends and called my SIL cause I knew that someone would be able to put me at ease since I couldn't find a doctor to do it.
I got a lot of helpful advise and felt better. Thankfully Rebekah slept really good all night. Her lip is disgusting still, but there isn't a gaping hole. She ate some this evening and that makes me feel good. She wasn't even really eating popsicles so I was a bit concerned all day. Aaron was with her until I got home and he's off getting a few hours of work in. So thankful our hours worked out that way today.
The daycare provider called and apologized to aaron and she sent me a text apologizing again about it. But I know that stuff is going to happen there. Her eyes can't be on all the kids at the same time. I did find out though, that they've decided to drop that child from her service. It's like work though, so she gave notice and the parent has a couple weeks to find something else.
We'll send her tomorrow and she'll have fun and be a little mopey because she's getting a lot of extra attention for that right now.
I'm thankful to my friend Esja and my SIL Aimee who helped me through a rough patch last night when I was just wanting peace of mind. Saviors they are....oh and Mom's too!

No comments: