Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Another update

I'm so behind the times. More often than not I don't post on here. Most of my followers are on Facebook and follow me there. I am sure there are people who stop by here to see if I have posted anything new. I know that I get excited when I see knew posts from you. Just sometimes my brain doesn't feel like writing things down twice.

The last few weeks have been so busy. We had Halloween and took Rebekah trick or treating for the first time. She loved it and we got a pretty good haul..that I'm sure we are still eating on. Rebekah insisted on having paint on her nose, so I dug out the Bee costume we had and put a little paint on the nose and she went as a bumble bee. Plus that kept her warm in the chilly October evening.
The following weekend we spent visiting with Aaron's cousin from the East Coast. It was the first time she had been here since 2007 and the first time we'd seen her since we saw her in DC in late 2007. There was a lot of catching up to do. Along with that comes family dinners...the biggest and the best, when all the Magee's can sit down and come together. It was fun...and exhausting.
It was also a time for special events, like the baptism of our newest nephew Luke Eaquinto. He was such a good baby for it. Rebekah enjoyed playing in the holy water, so I think we're good on that for awhile! Hahahaha!
This past weekend my brother was in town so we had early Thanksgiving and enjoyed spending time with them. Rebekah throughly enjoyed cousin mania at my parents house and on Friday night we treated my nephew Aiden to a break in the sisterhood by trading him for Rebekah. Rebekah enjoyed a sleep over with cousins and Aiden and Aaron enjoyed a fun night and morning of nothing but video games.
The start of this week has not been good. Probably the worst it could be. On Monday morning I found out that my Grandpa Gunter, who had not been well since his stroke in May, was in the hospital with Pnemonia. He was not well enough to fight off the infection and therefore they made him as comfortable as they could and we said Goodbye. It was a hard day. Because even though we all knew that it would come, you just never are ready for it when it does happen. He died in his sleep Monday evening. For whatever reason possessed me to go to work, I did on Tuesday, but took a mental health day today to spend with myself and family. I know he is at peace now and in the best capable hands.

No comments: