So it's been a busy couple of weeks around here...but Saturday we had a chance to do something fun and enjoy some company. My co-worker and her daughters came over for dinner and then we went and drove around the Keizer Christmas Lights. Rebekah sure enjoyed having her friends over, even though they are much older and it was nice for us to have another adult to chat with. I wish I had pictures to post of the lights, but sadly we just have the memories. We did see one house in particular that had us laughing, becasue just earlier we had been discussing how people would put both Santa and the Manger scene in one yard. Kind of a "cover your bases" thing. One of the last houses we went to had this going on in their yard, but they also had something that could be classified under "now I've seen everything." It was a cutout of Santa kneeling with his hands folded and praying over the baby jesus in a manger. What a sight. I need to go back to the house to get a picture of it and I will definitely be posting it on here for you to see. We just could not believe our eyes when we saw that. So funny.
Anyway the other piece of news is that my 91 year old Grandpa Wendell had surgery yesterday to remove a tumor growing on his colon. It was a sucessful surgery and he went through it with flying colors. Today they got him up, but he wasn't quite feeling strong enough to walk yet. He is giving the nurses a run for their money, so I know he's feeling better. The recovery is still going to be rough for him, since he is 91, but the Doctors have high hopes for him. Hopefully he will only have to be in the hospital until next week and then be able to go back to his assisted living place.
And can you believe it....Christmas is next weekend! I can hardly believe it myself. Gosh...and we still dont' have a tree...but that's this weekend. I don't mind, because we've been so busy with other things and it means we have less time to kill it before Christmas even gets here. Hahaha!!
1 comment:
Elizabeth, I left you a comment about my North Pole party on my blog (in the comment section)
Post a Comment