Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm so behind

I'm so so behind on blogging. As of late I think most of my followers follow me on Facebook so I guess I'm just getting lazy about telling everyone else how things are going. We had a good Christmas, I enjoyed having five days off but was ready to go back to work after all the chaos of holidays.
Grandpa Wendell was in the hospital until the day after Christmas. He is back in his assisted living facility and doing a lot better.

We've been trying to get together with my brother and family, but the last two times we've scheduled a visit something more important has come up. This time it was a mixture of snow and a 1 1/2 hour visit to the ER in the middle of the night with Rebekah. Couldn't take watching Rebekah cry out from her ear pain to wait for an Urgent care visit or something. My mom took us, so that was nice for me to have someone to talk to while we waited. Being in Silverton we didn't have to wait as long as we would have had to if we had gone to Salem Hospital.
The doctor said that it looked like she was starting to get an ear infection, but that he wanted us to wait 48 hours. He did send home a prescription for antibiotics and some ear drops to help. Will wait the 48 hours before we get the prescription, but I'm glad they gave us something we can use for the pain until then. Hoping it just gets better on it's own.
We're all very tired from our long ordeal, but glad that everything worked out the way it was supposed to.

So they've been talking snow for about a week. It did snow. Saw it last night when we left the hospital, it's in the hills and every now and then I look outside and see a flurry or two. nothing sticking, so it's kind of a disappointment. Rebekah was sure hoping to make a snowflake (snow angel). Maybe next time.

And while the rest of the world gets to celebrate not having to work tomorrow, Aaron and I will be attending an all day staff meeting. Unfortunately it's the only way we'll get paid for the day and consists of us listening to the CEO talk about how well the company is doing and how we're still not able to be paid for the amount of work we do. Oh and maybe he'll tell us that we might be able to have a 1 or 2% cost of living increase. We can always hope.

No comments: