Monday, August 20, 2012

Dear Lisa,

First of all I want to congratulate you on your marriage. I know how much you have stressed about it, prayed about it and wished for it. Shoes is truly lucky to have you in his life and I'm glad that you guys are going to be the happiest people on the planet because you found each other. I cannot wait to see what the rest of your future holds.

I know that you are thankful for all of us who helped make your day the best it could be for you. But I want to thank you for being my friend and allowing me to be a part of such a wonderful day and experience. I held it together during the service, but every time I watch the videos I just ended up crying. They aren't sad tears, they are such overwhelming tears of joy for you. All that I ever wish for you or any friend is happiness, joy and love. You've found all three in Shoes and it makes me so happy to see that.

We have been through so much and I've seen you go through so much. On Saturday I was so happy to see all the stress and pain leave you as you read vows and pledged your love with the rings and finally were able to kiss the man of your dreams. It's forever now, a life of Mr. and Mrs. Shoes! and Puppy Shoes!

I love you and cherish our friendship. It was a pure pleasure to enjoy the day and to work so hard to make it perfect for you. Please tell shoes that I love him for making you so happy and it made me so happy to hear that one of the best times he had was when we went to the Oktoberfest and picked Raspberries at my parents house. Next year we need to make a plan for berry picking or something equally as fun.

Love you guys so incredibly much and I love seeing you so extremely happy. Thanks again for allowing all of us to celebrate with you and enjoy the day!

Elizabeth
Friend of the Bride since 1996

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh, many tears after reading this. Thank you, sweet friend. It was so good to have you and your darling family there with us on our big day and I can't wait to send you some of the professional pictures. So grateful for you and our relationship.