that wasn't your own? I have. I have been in a lot of weddings in various roles. In my cousins and my SIL's wedding I was in charge of taking gifts. In my brother and my Grandpa's wedding I was the candle lighter.
This weekend I get to be a bridesmaid.
We all get to wear dresses in the same color and watch our dear friend/sister/sister-in-law get married to the man of her dreams.
It's been a wedding a long time coming and they have both worked so very hard to get to this moment. Not with out some stressful situations, which is where this bridesmaid comes in. Miss Lisa has landed a job just 2 months after graduation with her master's, in an area where these jobs are not easy to come by. She has to spend the week before her wedding in a mandatory training. I get to go on vacation and do crafty projects and wrap presents and make her wedding, the wedding of her dreams. It's the least I could do. She's done so much for me. This is my pay back to her.
Lisa and I have been through a lot together. We met in 1996 in West Dorion at Eastern Oregon University (which was Eastern Oregon State College that year). She lived with a scary girl that didn't like water, so washing her hands after the potty was not as bad as some of the other things she didn't do in water. She went on to be the arbitrator for Dorion and then in a couple years we found ourselves living together and finishing college. We've been through the thick and the thin, shared tears of joy and saddness and on Saturday held important roles in each other's weddings.
I'm so excited about this. Probably not more than her, but it's up there. In Lisa's blog she refers to her future husband as shoes, because of security issues. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of shoes shoes wears!
To Be Continued........
1 comment:
Oh my gosh. It's getting so close and getting so real! Thanks for all your help - I don't know what I'd do without you guys. I'm excited to see you all and excited to celebrate! Hopefully the day will go smoothly...
Post a Comment