Tuesday, November 27, 2007

the after thanksgiving blog

Well we made it through Thanksgiving and I survived shopping on Black Friday. I love how there is one day out of the year where you are allowed to eat two large meals in one day. It's fantastic. Thankfully this year I walked on my parents treadmill for 25 minutes before dinner so I didn't gain any weight. Though suprisingly enough, I lost two pounds. It was a miracle, that's all I have to say about it. Aaron isn't a big eater, so I was suprised that he ate two large meals that day too. It was a great Thanksgiving and it was fantastic to be able to spend it with both sides of our family. We are truely blessed to have our family so close to us.

Friday Aaron worked and I shopped. I think life should be that way always, but I don't think Aaron would care for that. My friend Erica had stayed up all night camped out at Circuit City with her Grandpa to get a laptop. That's dedication I say. So she was pretty exhausted when she got to my house a little before nine for our shopping day. Not to worry though, after shopping our hearts out at Kohls and standing in line for a half hour just to check out, we got her some much needed coffee and that's just what she needed to help her get through the day. It probably also helped that we had La Hacienda for lunch, our favorite place! WE shopped through Bed Bath and Beyond, Cost Plus and Target in the afternoon hours and none of the stores were overly packed by this time, so that was a relief. But we were both tired by the time the day of shopping was over. Erica had more of a reason to be tired as she hadn't slept since the day before.
I got great sales and lots of wonderful christmas presents, but I can't tell you about them, because that would ruin the suprise for christmas!

On Saturday my family got together to meet our newest cousin, Owen. The whole family was there, even my brother and his family came from out of town. It was fun to spend the afternoon with family. It was like an extended Thanksgiving. There was lots of visiting, holding babies and eatting. I'd say it went great!

Now we are into the week and I can't believe how close we are to Christmas. Parts of me want it to get here now, but those parts of me are the parts that just want to eat lovely meals and have presents. The other parts of me are screaming "stay away christmas I'm not ready!" Still so much presents to buy......present for a particular husband who doesn't give you many ideas of things to buy. These require thought and creativity.
We've started to decorate the apartment and I wonder how we made all these decoration work in here before. There is still a large pile of stuff on the floor that needs a home. I guess I can do that this evening while we watch Charlie Brown Christmas on TV.

The results of the poll about christmas music, turned out well. The majority voted for during the month of december. I am this way normally, but today I find myself listening to xmas tunes while I write this blog. Sometimes you just get in a mood!

Well until I write again, have a fantastic week.

P.S. I hope to post a slideshow of thanksgiving pictures soon. :0)

No comments: