Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas

Hello. It's been a couple of weeks since my last writing, so I guess I should write again. Not a whole lot has been going on in our world. Just lots of shopping for Christmas and putting up decorations around the house. Yesterday afternoon, since the weather was nice for a change, we put up our christmas lights outside. Now all that is needed is the Christmas tree, which we will probably get next weekend.
Aaron and I used to have a fake tree, but we both missed the smell of christmas tree. Last year was the first real tree in the apartment and we survived okay. Enough to want to do it again this year.

Last night was the annual Bookbyte Christmas party. It was held at the Salem Convention Center. It was the first time Aaron and I had been to the Convention Center. We were quite impressed. Traffic downtown was a nightmare, even though we gave ourselves plenty of time to get there. The Holiday Light parade they hold downtown every year happened to be at the same time our Christmas party was being held. Needless to say there were a lot of people who were late because of the closed streets and craziness around.

The party was held in one of the largest rooms at the Convention Center. The decorations and everything were just fantastic. Steven had done a casino night again with many different prizes you could try to win. They started the evening with the band and some game playing, then you could continue playing or eat, buffet style. It was really nice. They had an open bar of Beer and Wine, neither of which I drink, but Aaron enjoyed himself.
Dinner was very nice, a salad, fruit plate, bread, mashed potatoes, noodles, stuffing and your choice of turkey-which was carved on-site, or salmon. If you know me at all, you know I didn't go for the salmon. It was a very nice spread. We gambled until 9, at which time we were to cash in our chips for raffle tickets to win one of the amazing prizes.
The one I think we put the most in was the $150 gift card to Walmart, the $150 gift card to Toys R Us and Aaron put most of his tickets in the $300 gift card to Best Buy. I did put my name in the drawing for some of the smaller things and ended up winning dinner for two at Alessandro's here in Salem and two movie tickets. Aaron got lucky and won a Godiva Chocolate gift basket, which wasn't as much fun as $300 to his favorite store, but it was something he could take home.
All the employes of bookbyte received a generous Christmas bonus from our boss and then had to do the Macerena for a friend/co-worker who was leaving for a new job.
It was a fantastic night, filled with lots of fun. We are happy with our prizes and can't wait to find time to go have a really nice dinner.


I don't know how many read this, but be on the look out for your Christmas cards this week and next. Also to my dad: I hope I spelled all the Christmases with capital C's since I didn't last time.

Until next time Happy Shopping!!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I SOOOO want to leave a revealing comment, but I won't. :) :)

Yay for Christmas bonuses!