Monday, January 14, 2008

Catching up

I know it's been forever since I last wrote. Before Christmas, which was almost a month ago now. Sorry. Things have been a little busy.

Our Christmas was nice, with the exception of being sick.....and pregnant. It was hard to stay up past my normal bed time of 8pm and found myself on Christmas eve practically falling asleep at Aaron's parents house way before gift opening. I managed, though I don't know how.

Our New Years wasn't too exciting. I was very sick by then with a horrible cough and unable to sleep anywhere but the reclining sofa. Aaron turned on the TV around ten minutes to midnight, about the time my body decided it wanted to sleep. I vaguely remember the ball dropping and Aaron kissing me on the forehead. Then I was gone.

The cold has finally subsided, for the most part. I still have a little annoying cough every now and then, but am feeling better.

As far as the pregnancy, I am 13 weeks. My next doctors appointment is Wednesday and hopefully something a little more exciting will happen than at my last appointment. I am hoping for baby's heartbeat, because the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" says that happens at your 13/14 week appointment.
I no longer feel the need to go to bed at 8pm, though sometimes its just nice to get a little extra sleep now and then. Last night I was able to stay up until 10, and it was kind of nice.
I also have an increase in appetite, which is good and bad. As long as I keep with the good foods, then I think it will be okay. The doctor said that because I am overweight, the most I'll need to gain is 15 pounds. I think that's great of course, but I'll probably gain more than that.

Right before Christmas I went shopping and bought some "fat" pants and a couple pairs of Maternity pants. I can no longer wear anything that doesn't have an elastic waistband. I don't even think I'm showing that much, but I am just not comfortable in anything else.

Last week Aaron and I were shopping at Target and the bedding we wanted to get for baby was on clearance. For fear that it was going to be discontinued, we used money from Christmas and bought up all the necessary items. I think with everything we got, we spent about 100 dollars. Which is pretty good I think. I am quite satisfied with what we found. It is sea life and we chose it because we thought it would go good for either a boy or girl.
I will try to post some pictures of the bedding I just took.

I will write after the appointment and will vow to be better about keeping everyone informed. Now you know why I really wanted to start blogging here, so I could keep everyone informed on baby Magee.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Yay you are blogging again! I check every day for something new. :)

I'm in full on maternity wear now. Doug put his foot down when I went to church with my skirt completely undone. :) I'll have to send you some pictures of the baby bump!

Anonymous said...

Love the baby bedding, and the mobile! Adorable!
Waiting for the next blog after your doctor's appt!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for both of you! Babies are alot of fun.........you guys will be great parents.
love,
Hannah