Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Weighed and Measured

Well I had my doctor's appointment today. I measured right on and the heartbeat was good. My doctor suggested that I might try some physical therapy for my right hip, which I'm still having problems with. She thought that they might be able to help me with stretches to keep it from hurting so often. I'm not exactly thrilled by that, because that just means more time and money to pay out. So I might just go online and see if I can't find some stretches I can do.

Anyway I am 10 weeks away from my due date and can't hardly believe it. I sometimes feel like a whale, but have just kind of come to expect that's how I'm going to feel. Rebekah is still very active, but she isn't keeping me awake yet, so this is good. She is shy when other people come around to feel her move, its like she can sense when it's not my hand on my belly.



I have been pretty tired lately, so am trying to get more rest. It's hard since we are still unpacking and doing things around the house.



This last weekend we went to the beach. I think walking to the beach and then on the beach was a little too much for me. It was nice though and we got to spend some quality time with my family, especially our newest niece.

I have new pictures to post and once I find the cable thingy for the computer I'll be sure to get them on here.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh goodness!! She must get the shyness from Aaron!! Are you sure she's yours? Totally kidding. Totally. I totally know it doesn't work like that. ;) It's so good to hear that she's a good weight and growing well. Now Elizabeth, listen. I've been telling you. Gentle, gentle pregnancy yoga stretches. Your body will feel sooooooo good after a week or so.

Maureen said...

That is so funny because Cooper does the same thing! HE spends ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day doing flips and sumersaults and kicking and punching me and the moment Doug wants to look or feel-Cooper comes to a complete standstill. They just know somehow. :)

I think the whale like feeling just gets worse. I feel like a mac truck most days. Just big and awkward and horribly unattractive.

Do you have your nursery put together yet? We're getting there. Doug ordered some of the furniture last night. I can't wait for it to come!!

Anonymous said...

Yoga stretches are great! Do the right ones for pregnancy. Here's a good book that is cheaper than DR. apt's. "Pain Free for Women"
by Pete Egoscue
You can find it at Amazon. It has stretches for pregnancy that will help with the related "pains" and also ease your labor/delivery some. It even includes exercises for children that will help them have healthy posture. Check it out!
Enjoy!
~Shannon

Anonymous said...

p.s. Happy Mother's Day!
Love, Shannon