Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2 months old

Rebekah turned two months on Saturday and we can hardly beleive it. She's growing so much every day. We estimate her weight around 12 lbs and roughly 22-23 inches long. Most of her newborn outfits do not fit anymore and she is wearing the 0-3 month out fits. She is smiling and laughing more which we love. I think she likes it best when Daddy is talking to her, because she seems to laugh more then.
We are still on our same feeding schedule for the most part of every four hours. Though sometimes the night or early morning feedings get off because she sleeps more. I don't mind that, because that means I get to sleep more. We are also starting to transition her into sleeping in the crib. I put her in the crib after the 4am feeding. The last couple nights have been hard because either I'll lay in bed and stare at the baby monitor or I will just go and sleep in the room with her, so I'm there. I know that part will get better. We are also trying the whole....let them cry until they put themselves to sleep. I failed this morning because I just couldn't take the crying anymore. So another thing to work on. I know that part will get better if I can just get over the crying part. I know all parents go through the same thing, but it's still hard.

This weekend we are going to take her to the State Fair. I am hoping that she'll be awake for some of it. She'll also be meeting some cousins at the Gunter Family picnic. It should be a fun time for everyone.
I have new pictures and video to post, but the camera currently does not have any batteries. Aaron is getting them on his way home. So I'll try to post her 2 month old pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Has she been napping in her crib during the day? That might help things.

Anonymous said...

I have to recommend a book to you. It's called 'Secrets of the Baby Whisperer' and it's the BEST!!! It teaches you how to get your baby to fall asleep without having to cry it out or rock them. It worked wonders with Audrey and I'm starting to use the techniques with Gavin. He's naughty because he won't stay asleep for naps unless he's on his tummy!