Here are my wonders for the day:
I was at Walmart today and while I don't mind shopping there because I know the prices are good, I was very disappointed in their card selection. They have a zillion birthday cards, already have the Valentine's cards out and yet when I went searching for a card for Rebekah for her upcoming baptism I only found one.....and it wasn't even something I could give to her, because it was meant to give to someone. I'm just at a loss...they have "everything" at Walmart at great deals and yet the one thing I really wanted they didn't have. Sad.
Tonight while I was on the computer sending an email, Rebekah was toddling around talking and then she got all concentrated.....yep she was pooping. Then a second later she was back to talking and dancing like nothing happened. My wonder is, how, when she reaks, she can just go on like nothing happened and laugh and talk to herself and to me. It's a mystery.
Lately I've found myself wishing I was working so that I could have some time away from Rebekah. How sad is that?? But then when I think about work, I think about how she'll do without me. Like today for example, I left to go to the store and she burst into tears. It was heartbreaking. I've been home for about six months now and I guess I worry what's going to happen to our relationship when I get a job and am not home all the time. I'm left to wonder.
This evening Rebekah and I spent some time listening to music and playing with her toys. I love watching her, she's so funny. She'll start dancing and then move in a circle, then march around. Then she caught her reflection in the sliding glass door and started to sing and talk to herself. It got me thinking....does she think she is talking to someone else. The reason I ask, is I've noticed that after bath time when we are brushing teeth, she's looking at me and her in the mirror. She pats me on the shoulder, while looking at herself and says "mama". Which is what she does when we are out, like to the store or church. She wants people to know I'm her "mama". Hmmmm..
Aaron and I wish we knew some of things Rebekah was talking about when she just starts talking. But then does she understand the things we say when we're talking...so many questions.
Here are my other wonders:
Do you know what a Muggle is? It took me a few weeks to figure out what Muggles were. Muggles are Moo Cows...and how you get Muggle out of Moo Cow I'll never know.
Does she really think there is a "Bob" in the Where's Waldo Book, because I'll ask for a Bob and she points one out every time we look at the book.
What does she think about when you put a laundry bin on her head? Does she think she's a rocket ship, a fun place to play?
1 comment:
Sweet ponderings, Elizabeth!
Post a Comment