Thought I would post while Aaron watches an old movie on Netflix and I sit here thinking about what I'm going to do this week. We had a busy New Year's. Aaron was able to get off work a little bit early on Thursday evening, but it didn't matter, we were still in bed before midnight. We watched District 9 (which for anyone pondering whether they should watch it..don't), it was gross. Lots of blood and guts. I thought it was going to be more like War of the Worlds, but not so much. I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares or something. On New Years day we went to Target and bought Rebekah a potty and a few other things with some Christmas money. She sat on the potty last night, but it we are just trying to get her used to it. Not really trying to get her to "potty" yet. We also spent the day cleaning and getting all the Christmas stuff put away. There are still a few things we've forgotten about, but for the most part things are back to normal around here.
On Saturday, Aaron and Tony (BIL) went to my parents to pick up our new to us TV and stand. Aaron's sister Amy stayed here and hung out. Not much for us girls to do. It was good to be able to visit for a little bit. Now we have a big TV again and we have a TV in our bedroom again too. Last night we watched TV before going to bed. It was nice to be cozy and just be able to go to sleep when it's over.
Today was church. We hadn't been in about a month due to weather and holiday related things. It was nice to visit with everyone. We have a new minister and I love her sermons. She relates them to modern times and makes them something I want to listen to. There was also a lot of talk of the excitement surrounding next Sunday. We will be celebrating the baptism of Rebekah and Mother Shana's son Killian. Aaron and I had been waiting for the right time to have Rebekah baptized. It's been hard as we had been without a full time priest since April, then Mother Shana came to our church in November. She sent me an email a few weeks back letting me know good Sunday's during the church year for baptisms. Thus January 10th was decided. It's exciting for me as I was also baptized at the church and now my daughter will be baptized there. My dearest friend Lisa is going to be Rebekah's Godmother and we are truely blessed to have her in our lives and I know Rebekah will learn much from her.
Well the TV upstairs is calling me...as in snuggle in bed and watch a good movie to end out the weekend is calling my name. :0) Hope you had a wonderful New Years weekend. Here's to many new memories, joys and adventures in 2010!!
1 comment:
I'm sooooper excited about missy's baptism!! There was a slight chance Adam was going to come with me, but now I think not. My bed is now calling to me too .. 3 days of the flu and I need a nap before class. (Obviously, it's just making me tired now, otherwise I wouldn't be pushing the End of Life / Pallative Care class.) ;)
Post a Comment