We spent the 4th of July with friends, which are so close to me I feel like they are just extended family, in Ashland Oregon. I know you are probably wondering why Ashland, of all places. Well this group of friends are my parents college friends and they happened to attend (some graduating) from Southern Oregon University (or at that time Southern Oregon State College). We've been to Ashland a few times in my life, listening to the stories of drinking and partying and of course my mother's visit to the police station (you'll have to ask her about that sometime if you're curious). Eleven years ago was the last we'd been there, I was still in college and the "kids" were not even teenagers yet. Not a whole lot has changed, other than we are all 11 years older. The stories were still the same. However, some of the people in attendance this year I had not seen since the last visit to Ashland, so it was really nice to catch up and show off the family!
We had great weather, and the hotel where the majority of the people were staying had this beautiful, mostly shaded garden area that we used to congregate. It was really fun and I'm sad that it only lasted a couple of days. I do hope we can see everyone again next year. They are a great group of people I want Rebekah to have the pleasure of knowing, just like I did.
![]() |
| Personalize a free picture slideshow |

No comments:
Post a Comment