Wednesday, June 8, 2011

not the post you were probably expecting

I started a blog....about our anniversary and every detail.....and then I was going to publish pictures....but I just have not been motivated to do any of it. I'll log in and then write a sentence and be like, "this is not what I want to do right now". So I'm sorry if you are waiting on the blog that tells you about the very enjoyable weekend that Aaron and I had.

I did want to share some good news that came out of today. For the past two months I have been trying to get my boss to hire an on call person to go to the ODOT locations so that I wouldn't have to keep going. I don't mind it every once in awhile, but lately it's been a mad dash to have everyone use up their leave time before the beginning of the fiscal year (for Garten it's July 1st). Right now I'm scheduled to be at different locations for three weeks starting on the 20th of June. That's just an incredibly large amount of time that they will have to fill in for me on the work floor.
So today I was told that they are freeing up a spot (which the person doing it now will be let go) but the new person coming in will be a floater for all jobs in the mail room. Including all the work at the ODOT locations, fill in route driver, and fill in floater for all operating machines in the building. They are going to look for said person internally as that person will most likely already have the necessary trainings needed (OIS and CPR/FirstAid). The hope is that they will start at one of the ODOT locations the last week of June (which was where I was supposed to spend two weeks).
I don't mind the ODOT work locations. They are easy jobs, but mostly boring and I feel bad about all the sitting and doing nothing that I do when I know how much work there is to do on the floor when I'm not around. I know it's something I can't do anything about, but I still feel bad for my co-workers.
I'm very excited about this change and I think it will be good for all involved and it will be nice that I still have the option to go to an ODOT location if I want to.
Yay for new people and jobs opening up.

No comments: