Monday, February 27, 2012

Once Upon a Time

Wow has it really been a month and a half since that last post...hmm well I guess it has been.

There has been a lot going on. Sickness, sickness and sickness. I've been on this flu circuit for about three weeks. Rebekah had that ear infection, then she got fluid in her ear and we had to do the dr thing all over again and the medicine thing. She's better and I'm still sick. I spent the last week sleeping in a chair because if I didn't I'd cough all night.

I started a new job at work and it's ten times more work than I was doing. I don't get paid anymore than before and I'm lucky if I get to take a lunch or my two breaks. I get a lot of exercise as of late, going to and from the copy machine. It's annoying and my bosses don't seem to care much. Actually at the beginning of the month we had a meeting where they basically told us if we called in sick we'd be fired.....needless to say I've not tried calling in sick for fear of losing my job. Though most people I've talked to don't seem to think that is legal. Regardless I don't want to find out...just yet.

So the fun things:

Last weekend I saw Beauty and the Beast, the musical, in Portland with my mom, a family friend and my dear friend Lisa.

I plan dear friend Lisa's bridal shower with her sister Cheryl. We are going to paint pots and drink wine and eat cupcakes and since she reads this I can't really share anything else, because maybe, just maybe one piece of this should be a surprise.

Aaron and I are going to have a date this weekend, and I'm pretty excited. Dates are pretty far to come by these days...especially ones that don't involve three year olds.


So I'd say I promise to get better about writing...but come on...but maybe...just maybe I'll try a little bit harder.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Seasons for everything; remember blogs are supposed to be fun and not guilt inducing! I'm so excited about the shower - thank you for all of your hard work. And yay for date night!!