Aaron was also sick a couple weeks ago. Missed almost a full weeks worth of work, which sucks when you don't have any leave time left. After spending six hours in the doctors office (I was with him for 3) found out that he had a virus and a kidney stone. Still waiting on passing the kidney stone. The doctor didn't seem concerned and said it was pretty small. That's the most sick I'd seen Aaron in a long time and I knew it couldn't have been food poisoning since we'd eaten the same things. He is doing much better, but still awaiting the arrival of the kidney stone...I don't envy him a bit!
March was a busy month, so much so I dont' really remember much. We celebrated my niece Juliana's 4th birthday when they were here for spring break. We also celebrated my grandmother's 85th birthday with a lovely lunch with the family. The cousins I had met at my grandfather's funeral in November had come up and my gma's sister who we don't see very often. Plus it was still during the time my brother was here so it was a huge family gathering. It was a lot of fun. My aunt had hired a professional photographer and I'm anxiously awaiting to see those pictures. There were a lot, but they were fun.
Right before Easter we were finally able to get Rebekah's hair cut. It's super cute and I'm really happy with my decision to go short...not terribly short as you can still get it into a pony tail, but short enough to let the other parts of her hair catch up and it can all grow together. She looks so grown up now!
We had a delightful Easter a couple weeks ago. Rebekah got to be the one and only kid at an egg hunt put on at my Grandpa Wendell's assisted living. We got over 400 plastic eggs full of candy. Plus she got one of the premade easter baskets. She loved it!
We spent Saturday with Aaron's family. Aaron was still not feeling his best, but we enjoyed the family time. On Sunday we attended church in Silverton with my parents and my friend Lisa came down to spend part of the day with us. We had a lovely dinner out, as my mom really didn't want to cook (and I don't blame her, sometimes moms need a break) and then it was home to completely crash out and get over our candy coma's.
Here are a few pictures to show you what we've been up to the last couple of months. Sorry I'm not keeping up with this. I really do want to be better about it.
Rebekah searching for eggs
Rebekah in her Easter Dress and new hair cut
Our nephew Luke enjoying some floor time during our Easter visit (he is 8 months)
Rebekah and her Easter egg hunt
For whatever reason she was very selective in which eggs she picked up...knowing that they were all hers (and in the background are all the old people who kept saying how cute she was and how they wished they had her energy)
The sillies come out of Rebekah often. This is her dancing with her lunch sack from Subway on her head. It was a hat...and a pretty good one at that!
I like to think this is her Saturday Night Fever pose!
and lastly the kids having too much birthday fun at my grandma's party!
More pictures to come of Easter...whenever my dad gets around to sending them to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment