Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wow this is different...

I guess when you don't write every day or once a week or once a month, the Blogger changes and you just don't know what to do with yourself. I'm not sure I like it, but what am I going to do. Keep writing I shall!

It's been a busy month. In fact I can't really tell you about it, because it went by so quickly that I don't really remember much. So I'll just share pictures.

We have been blessed with a beautiful spring, with plenty of weekends filled with sunshiney days. This is Rebekah enjoying a day at the park. I know it doesn't look like she's having fun, but she was...it's just she wasn't too into me taking her picture.

This was Rebekah's cute idea, until we told her ants would invade her dollhouse if she did this again. Those are raisins and she was cooking them for all the people who live in her dollhouse! So cute yet so glad that we didn't get ants...that day anyway!!
This is one of the many Mother's we saw on our Mother's day walk. There is a private lake near our house that I've always wanted to visit. I think the lake itself is private, but that anyone is welcome to walk the path around. So that's what we did on Mother's day. It was another beautiful sunny May day and it was nice to get some fresh air, a little sun tan and exercise!

Mommy and Daddy Goose out for a stroll. Who says that we should be the only ones to enjoy a nice stroll around the lake!

A view from the opposite side of the lake. There were plenty of benches for Rebekah to rest...and this was probably the point where she said I have to go to the bathroom and we're a lake distance away from the car!

In that tree there is a Bald Eagle. We so wished our zoom lens would have captured this rare treat better, but alas we'll have to settle for the standard "I swear there is an Eagle in that tree". If you want to see what that magnificent bird actually looks like then please go to www.staatslake.com and click on the updated 5/13 to see the pictures of that day. We saw the guy who takes the photographs for that page on our way around the lake. He had finished and was carrying his kayak back to wherever he lives and told us about his website. Pretty awesome. Plus I got to see some pictures of other creatures that inhabit the lake, which makes me want to go back.  

This is Rebekah and I giving each other High Fives for making it all the way across the lake. I was quite impressed with her being able to walk that far. Of course the walk back to the car resulted in a hurt knee followed by a half hour of crying, but mostly because we were WAY passed naptime. Plus we only had frozen yogurt for lunch! Overall it was the best Mother's Day. We enjoyed the sun, enjoyed each other, had frozen yogurt for lunch and just relaxed!

No comments: