Sunday, January 20, 2008

Aimee's Shower

Yesterday I threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law Aimee. She is due on April 4th and having a girl.

We had a nice close group of family and friends. About ten people, which was perfect because everyone got to visit and enjoy the company. I planned two games. The first was called "Rob Your Neighbor." For this you pass around a metal pie plate with two dice in it. The object was every time you rolled, in our case the number 4, you took a prize from the middle. Once all the prizes were gone from the middle you took from your neighbor. We played the game for four minutes and it became very competitive with people trying to get the prizes. In the end only six people won a prize.
The second game we played was the "memory game." I had ten small items on a tray and we passed it around so that everyone could have a chance to look and see what was on the tray. Then I put the tray in another room, making people have to remember what they had seen. Then I gave them two minutes to write down everything on the tray. No one was able to get all ten things, but two people were able to get nine and I thought that was pretty good. The older ladies don't really like this game, because they say their memory is bad enough....but I think they did pretty good considering.

The other thing we like to do at showers is have our guests fill out their address on a thank you card envelope. Then we take a couple of the envelopes out and those people get a prize. It's almost like a door prize, you get something for just showing up. Plus it helps Aimee, especially if she doesn't have someone's address.

After the games of course came presents. I think Aimee got only a few things she had registered for and the rest were clothes and blankets. This is their first girl, so clothes are definitly a necessity. After presents we pigged out on sugar cookies, brownies and scones, and visited more.

The men had made themselves scarce by going to the local bowling alley, they came home just as everyone had left.

All in all it was a good time and a lot of fun. Of course I made mental notes of things I'd like to get, regardless for a boy or girl. I also had a good time visiting with Aimee and talking about baby things. Since this is her second, she's got a lot of experiences and I like that. Also my brother and I seem to be a little bit closer because of the baby too and that's pretty cool. Ha...who knew I'd be saying that about my older brother.

Anyway I'm waiting to get pictures and then I'll post a few on here.
Until next time......

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Sounds like y'all had a great time!