Could there be a possible daycare at Bookbyte? This is the question that I get to bug my boss Steven about from now until I get an answer. I had a meeting with him this afternoon and thankfully we didn't talk about courageous ways of communication, because I wasn't really feeling like I wanted to talk to him about that. So we talked about my upcoming mommyhood. The more we started talking the more you could see the wheels turning in his brain and he finally said "well wouldn't it be great if we had an in house daycare!???" Heck ya man!! I told him that his wife had said something to me about it at the christmas party. I know a lot of people would benefit from it.
He said there was a lot of stuff to think about, logistics, how much it would cost for rennovation, to run, and all the other necessisities of having an in house daycare. But he was so excited about the possibility. One of the guys in IT, his wife is expecting in August, I'm due in July and another person they are hiring is expecting a child soon. So there would be plenty of people with newborns would would benefit from being able to work and still spend time with their child. Also he told me that he was going to be a grandfather, his son Chris and girlfriend Anna were expecting in June. Plus there are a ton of people who have school age kids that could just come there afterschool and hang out without annoying their parents.
Steven wants me to keep on him until we get answers about whether we can actually do this or not. How awesome would that be, if I could work and have in house daycare? Now most of you know how much I can't stand working at Bookbyte, but I think this would be enough to keep me there a little while longer.
So I will email Steven on Friday of next week and see if he's been able to get anywhere on the daycare, with the other managers. I'll definitly keep you guys posted. It's very exciting.
2 comments:
That is awesome! Steven's heart is always in the right place....I hope this works out.
Hey Elizabeth, that would be an amazing blessing to have the baby right there with you at Bookbyte! I know that would make you happy too, Aaron!
Good for you for pushing the issue with Steven, especially since his wife already suggested it! Keep us posted!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment