Friday, February 15, 2008

Is it a boy or a girl?

Ha!! Thought I'd trick you all. I had my doctor's appointment today, but it wasn't an ultrasound appointment. I was supposed to go in on Wednesday, but they had to reschedule the appointment. It was just a general check up to go over how I was feeling and check the baby's heartbeat. Yay we got to hear it this time! Unfortunately Aaron was at work during the appointment so he didn't get to hear it this time, but I'm sure he will soon enough.

The doctor is sending me to have some blood work done after work today. I guess it's time to give some more. She also gave me the sheet to make my own ultrasound appointment. It said I could do it any time after Feb. 20th. So I called when I got back to work and was able to get in on Thursday the 21st at 7am. I didn't think I would get in that early, but it works best for me because then I won't be too late for work that day. Plus then everyone can find out sooner too...like me!

I went to the chiropractor yesterday and that was really good. She was really nice and made my back feel much better. She said in the initial that my left hip was three inches off from the right. Then after my adjustment it was only one inch off. I thought that was cool that after only one adjustment I had changed that much. I will go back and have three or four more appointments, then I will just go on a need to go basis. She also suggested a prenatal yoga class they offer, so I am going to look into that. My doctor said today, that she knows some people who go to that class and really enjoy it. It's nice to have that kind of recommendation for something like that. Once a month they let the partners come in and learn breathing techniques, so that would be really nice too.

So I guess the next time you'll be hearing from me will be Thursday and most of you will be getting a phone call anyways, because I'll be so excited I'll want to tell everyone in person. LOL

Hope everyone had a nice valentine's day and hope everyone who has a three day weekend enjoys it. I do not, so I'm jealous of all of you who do!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Yeah we opted to not do all that blood work cause the tests seemed pretty inconclusive and then my doctor said they get quite a few false positives so we skipped it. I of course was happy to not have to give blood!
I hope you get the girl you want!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear the ultrasound results!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I voted for a girl and us girl voters are winning! Prenatal yoga sounds like a fabulous idea - gentle and kind to your body, relaxing at the same time. I knew I was on the right track my ordering those infant yoga clothes! (I'm also glad to hear your back is feeling better - no fun - especially with baby stretching everything out!)