Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Can't believe it's already September

I can't believe the summer is over and that Rebekah is a little over 2 months. She grows so much everyday its really hard to believe. Her fussiness seems to be in spades now. Though she is starting to show signs that she might be teething so maybe that's why she is so much more fussy now than she used to be. We are still working on sleeping in the crib. She did very well last night...it was her first night...or should I say it was OUR first night with her sleeping in the crib after all the feedings. I did ok, but I was sure tired this morning because I slept for crap last night. In the beginning I checked to see if she was breathing, which was easy to do because she slept next to me and I could just lift my head and peek over to see if she was or not. It's hard to hear breathing on the baby monitor. You can if you listen real closely. I couldn't let myself sleep good last night, because if I hadn't heard anything in awhile I seemed to force myself awake so that I could just listen. Before her midnight feeding I could hear her talking and moving which was really cute. I know the checking to see if she's breathing thing is probably going to take some time, but I am glad we are starting to do this transition and i know it will be better in time.

The job search is continuing. I haven't heard from hardly anything I've applied for and if I have heard from them it's a "thank you for applying but we found someone else" kind of thing. There is a State of Oregon Jobs Career fair on the 13th that both Aaron and I plan on attending. Maybe that will be rewarding. While I enjoy my time at home, I really miss going to work. I know I've said this before, but I just wanted you to know that I still miss it.

I had to go to the dentist last week and I seem to have a mouth full of cavities. I don't understand how it always seems to work out that you have all these things that just come up and have no way to pay for them. I mean doesn't it figure that I have to have a mouth full of nonsense going on and no job right now. I had a filling done today, it was a deep one and because I have a low tolerance to pain I had four injections of Novocaine. Needless to say my mouth hurts. I was going to wait on the root canal, but the dentist called after I had left my appointment to say that I really need to come back and have it done. He understands my money situation and is willing to work out payments.....which is nice. I guess it's like that saying...when it rains it pours. *Sigh*
I don't mind going to the dentist...but I hate hate hate having to have any work done.

Well enough of my ramblings for one blog entry. A few pictures of the little one should make this blog end on a happy note.


I don't know why this is sideways...but she's sitting in her "big girl" chair...it's one of those bumbo seats. She's really starting to be able to hold her head up more.


Sassy is "checkin" her out in this one. The other day Rebekah was really fussy and crying a lot when I was changing her. Sassy came in and looked at her and meowed a couple times as if to ask if she was alright. If anyone has met our cat, you know that this is a rare thing I speak of...she actually seemed to care about the baby. It was cute and shocking at the same time.


This is Rebekah before the fair on Saturday. She is wearing an outfit that one of Aaron's mother's friends gave to her. She seemed to fit in it okay, except the sweater was a little on the big side. It's still cute though.


Daddy and Rebekah in the cow barn at the State Fair


Waiting on lunch at the State Fair.


We'll end with a great big smile!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How darling were those pictures! Rebekah's big smiles are SO cute! Thanks for the updated pictures. We are able to save all the pics to our documents. Love it!
Love,
Mom (Debby)

Lisa said...

what an amazing smile! hope you're starting to feel better after that terrible, terrible thing yesterday. when are you going to bring the baby down this way? (I stink and am more likely than not, especially with this new part time job, not going to make it down there any time soon ...)