I finally had my root canal finished today. I don't like the new dentist at all. While I'm laying in the chair with my mouth wide open, he's in the next room pulling some old ladies tooth out. Then after he was waiting for some of my pictures to come onto the computer, he went in and prepped a boy for his teeth extraction. Hello....I'm sitting here with my mouth wide open waiting for you to do your job and you're working on other people. I was totally annoyed. My appointment they said would be an hour....try and hour and a half. Then they burned my lip with something because I couldn't open my mouth any wider. Grrr.
Anyway I have to go back on Thursday so I can get my crown. Then I won't ever be going back there. I plan to find a different dentist. One who isn't trying to get all my money.
In other news, Grandma and Grandpa Magee babysat Rebekah today so mommy could have her teeth worked on and daddy could go to work early. Aaron has to have one of his wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow so he had to work an earlier shift so he would be able to get enough sleep. Rebekah had a great time I hear. She sat and watched Grandma make coffee and they took a trip to the park before it got to hot. Sure am thankful for grandparents living so close.
On Saturday we took Rebekah to the Oktoberfest in Mt. Angel. We had quite the adventure getting there. We witnessed a pretty bad car accident and all I kept thinking was it could have been us. A ford explorer took a curve to fast and swerved into oncoming traffic. Hit a car head on and then continued on to hit the pickup truck that was behind the first car that was hit. The ford and the pickup truck landed on the side of the road. All that was left was the car in front of us and us. That's how close we were. I was pretty upset by the whole thing. We stayed and gave our statement to the officer, but there were enough of us there to tell him who was at fault.
I ran into some old friends from High School, one of whom helped with the victims. Turns out they were very minor injuries, even though it looked like it would have been much worse. So thank goodness that everyone came out of that okay.
After we gave our statement I debated on whether to go to the Oktoberfest or not, but decided it would be good to just go and walk it off. So we went and met Aaron's parents. By the time we met them, they'd sampled all the goods, so they were good to share with us where to go. Rebekah slept through most of it, but woke up about a half hour before we went home. Maybe next year we can get her to do the chicken dance.
1 comment:
We're grateful we live nearby and experience the joys of being with you guys and Rebekah! We loved going to Oktoberfest with you too. Hadn't been there since the early 90's so we were overdue! Man the food is spectacular, still craving those fish tacos!! Doesn't that sound like German food??! Tee Hee!
Love, Dad & Mom Magee
Post a Comment