Monday, December 15, 2008

For Nana and Papa

Nana and Papa are having baby withdrawls, so I am posting some pictures we have taken in the last day. We got 3 inches of snow last night when I typed my blog. There is still much of it outside as it only warmed to about 34 today. Neither of us went to work today.
Right now it is about 25 degrees outside. Aaron and I will be attempting to get to work tomorrow and hoping that the chains on our car are enough to get us there. Our sitter that normally comes after school will hopefully be here to watch Rebekah during the day instead. Aaron was given permission by his boss to come work during the day since it will be too dangerous for him to drive there at night time. So we are hoping to car pool the rest of the week.


The snow falling and our outside Christmas lights


You probably can't see this very well, but we have a strand of Christmas lights along our walk way and last night when I went to take these pictures, these lights were giving off a glow from under a thin blanket of snow. It was pretty cool.

The snow was too dry to build a snowman so I just did one on the ground instead. We had received a Snowman in a Box a few years ago from Aaron's parents. We haven't been able to use it until now. I was just sad that I couldn't actually build a snowman. But this will work for now.


Rebekah received a Harley Davidson hat and mittens from Aaron's cousins. I was excited because it's her first hat with ear flaps. She was very interested in putting those tassles in her mouth.

This was after bath time tonight. She is wearing her "My first Christmas" PJ's and her santa hat, while waiting for me to make her a bottle.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What adorable pictures of Rebekah, love it! I enjoyed seeing the snowman part laying out in the snow since you couldn't build one!

Lisa said...

Cute, cute, cute. I drove home today from my super fast trip to Portland. It took me 7 hours. I knew it was going to be bad, but not so very bad. But it was very bad. I think we have 2 feet outside. They haven't plowed the roads yet. What's WRONG with them????