Wednesday, May 27, 2009

3 years ago today

I became Mrs. Aaron Magee.

It was a very cold and rainy day.

But I think everyone had a good time despite standing in the rain for pictures!


When the photographer asked me to kneel, I thought he was joking. Then he said it would be a really cute picture of all of us. So I said I would kneel, but was most certain that I would need lots of help getting back up. You know I think when you go try on wedding dresses, they should have you sit and kneel in them, just to make sure you can. It would have been most helpful.

We have tons and tons of group shots, but I think of all the pictures these are the best. I hope you bridesmaids out there got to wear your dresses again!

It was packed! I knew too many people. We had a lot of family from out of town come, and I'm very thankful for that. Actually some of Aaron's family I haven't seen since the wedding.
Yep.....still raining. I just kept thinking, don't trip on the way to the car and get there quickly so we don't get too wet.

I remember the driver asked if we wanted him to drive around a bit, to give our photographer and other family a chance to get to the reception. I said that he should, but it was more so we could just enjoy us before going to a big party. In Silverton, there really isn't a long way to go, but he managed to give us a few extra minutes in the car.

FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD!


I like to watch all those cake shows on TV, but I have to say this is the best cake ever. I hate fondant, its not very tasty and its kind of chewy. But this cake was all frosting. It turned out fabulous and I would recommend the cake decorator any day.

We weren't that couple the smooshed cake into each other's faces. Though I'm not so sure if we were to do a wedding again whether that would be the case. I think I would like to smoosh cake in Aaron's face.....as I'm sure he'd love to in mine. LOL

This is our first dance. The other thing they should have you do when you buy a dress, is to practice dancing in it. Aaron and I along with our parents took dance lessons before the wedding. It was really a lot of fun, but after about a minute of dancing I realized I wouldn't be able to do the dance we'd practiced so hard on. Every time I stepped back I would step on the back of my dress, and then the netting would get caught on my shoe. Oh well, we did the best we could and I don't think very many people were paying attention to the fact that I was tripping on the inside of my dress.

We decided on environmentally safe rice for the wedding. We made lots of little pouches of rice. We probably still have lots of little pouches of rice. You will notice that it finally stopped raining the time we leave the reception. Figures right!
The funniest thing I remember about the rice, is that at the hotel the next morning, we followed our trail of rice down to the lobby for breakfast. We even got on the same elevator because there was so much rice in it.
Oh and I counted how many bobby pins had been in my hair and I thought I wrote it down. It was a LOT of pins. I want to say like 60 or 70 pins just holding all my hair up. That's insane. But I loved my hair.
Anyway I thought you would enjoy my trip down memory lane. I can't believe how fast these three years have gone by. It's been a great adventure so far and we are enjoying our family life. I am so blessed to have a wonderful loving husband that I love with all my heart. So Aaron, even though you'll probably never see this. I love you so so so much and you are a true blessing. I am thankful every day that you came into my life.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sweet post! Happy Anniversary, Aaron and Elizabeth! Here's to many more! :-)

Derrinda said...

Happy Anniversary Liz and Aaron! That was a fun day and I'm glad that I was able to be a part of it. Love you guys!

Mom/Debby said...

So cute what you did in remembrance of your wedding day 3 years ago! So thankful that you two are so happy! Makes us parents feel so happy and content for our children Sigh....