Rebekah reached another milestone this weekend. On Saturday she was 11 months old. I can't believe it. I'm planning her first birthday party! It just doesn't seem real. I remember how I felt this time last year , so to think she is almost a year just seems crazy. Rebekah is figuring out how to crawl on her hands and knees and not just pull herself along. I think she got some help from her new friend Cooper and cousin Isabella. So thanks for showing her how to really do it!
Her seventh tooth is popping out up top, so that is making her a little grumpy.
She has figured out how to stand up in the crib now, so she spends about an hour fighting the sleep bug because she would rather walk up and down the crib before bed time. Right now she's fussing at me and i know it's because she would rather sit and cry in her crib looking utterly pathetic, than actually taking a nap. I'll have to post some pictures of that soon.....it's really quite cute.
We had a pretty busy weekend of family and sunshine.
On Saturday we went out to my grandparent's house for their garage sale, since they finally sold their house. We scored a new to us patio set and then had a BBQ that night to try out the new furniture. The BBQ in the backyard was fun, but it would have been way better if the next door neighbor hadn't been out pressure washing his house at the same time.
On Sunday my parents came over to babysit Rebekah so that Aaron and I could go on a date for our anniversary.....which is tomorrow. I can't believe we've been married for three years. I also remember what I was doing around this time....freaking out a little!
Aaron and I haven't really been on a date since last year around this time, so it was nice to go out for a few hours. We went to Northern Lights and saw I Love You, Man. For those of you who don't live around here Northern Lights is a movie theater/restaraunt/pub. There are three different theaters and all of them have tables (basically they took a row of seats out to put in tables). All movies are on the last run before DVD or are already on DVD, but it's cheap. It's a standard price of $3 to get in and the food is pretty inexpensive also. My parents had given us some tickets to Northern Lights plus babysitting coupons, for Christmas. So we looked for a movie we wanted to see and made it happen. It was really fun and that movie was really funny!
Afterwards we stopped at Cold Stone for some ice cream. I still had a gift card from my birthday, so we only had to pay $2.44 for our whole date. I think that's a good deal.
On Monday we visited with Aaron's parents and then to my parents house for a BBQ. We got to spend time with my grandpa Wendell and his wife Loretta. I always enjoy being able to spend time with them and they get some good quality time with Rebekah.
Now we are into the work week and both Aaron and I are glad it's a short one. We really need a weekend to recover from our weekend! Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. Pictures soon!
1 comment:
I want to go on a $2.44 date! Good job!
Post a Comment