Hello!
How are you? I hope this finds you well. I just saw before I started typing that this will be my 101st blog post! That's a lot of posts. I know some of them were probably boring rambles when I first started, but haven't you learned some much about me from reading them? Well if you haven't learned much about me than I am most certain that you've learned a little something about our little lady.
Speaking of her, thought I would come by and let you know how she is. She has two teeth coming in on the bottom, on either sides of her front teeth. The same ones on top are thinking about coming through. Needless to say there has been a lot of finger chewing. I don't understand why she won't chew on anything else, but her finger brings lots of comfort, so I guess. Whatever makes her happy I suppose.
The other day Grandpa Magee was here. He was able to get Rebekah to stand on her own for about two seconds before she realized what was going on and then she promptly fell over on top of him. We had a good visit with him and daddy sure enjoyed going to see Wolverine or whatever with him.
We are trying to get her to eat our food at meal times, so she gets some more practice in the chewing department. I'll post some pictures of her first spaghetti meal. That was fun. It actually didn't get as bad as I thought. Nothing like you see on TV.....at least not yet. She liked it though. On Sunday we had pancakes. I think she liked those too. Aaron even gave her a sample of what it would be like with syrup. Though that didn't really make to much of a difference for her, her facial expressions were still the same.
She is crawling all over the place and is very interested in the cats food. She hasn't managed to get any in her mouth yet, but I know it's a matter of time. I wonder if we should just let her do it and she'll just learn that she doesn't like it and won't go near it. Though the problem I have with that is, what if she does like it. So for now we just chase her down and turn her in another direction. Thinking we might have to move the food, but then again, it's good exercise to get up every five seconds to move her.
The only walking she does is in the pack and play, holding on with both hands, inching her way around. It's cute to watch. Yesterday she thought it would be fun to try to pick up toys with one hand, yet still sort of stand and hold on with the other. It wasn't really working out for her, but she wasn't crying so who am I to complain. Again, whatever makes her happy.
This weekend we are going to celebrate Magee birthday's and Mother's day on Saturday. Off the top of my head I can count about 7 Magee birthdays that happen in the month of May. One is a very special birthday, as it will be Rebekah's cousin Isabella's 1st birthday. Isabella is having a birthday party next weekend in Bend, but they are also coming over here this weekend to help celebrate Mother's day and all the other May birthdays. It should be a really good family celebration.
Next week I am really excited about. My friend Maureen is coming to town next Friday and we will get the opportunity to meet her son Cooper. Cooper is almost a month younger than Rebekah. But we all know that was mostly due to the fact that Miss Rebekah decided to come a little early. I worked with Maureen at Bookbyte and haven't seen her since she got married and moved to Germany. Except she's not in Germany anymore, she's in North Carolina....but that's still far away. Since we won't be traveling to North Carolina any time soon, I am glad that she is able to find some time to come visit us.
Then on Saturday we will be going over to Bend to celebrate Isabella's 1st birthday, at her party. We'll be staying over night and I am hoping that Isabella and Rebekah are able to find some time to play together. It's been really hard to get them together at other family occasions, as you know Isabella and Rebekah are the 9th and 10th grandchildren on the Magee side. So you can only imagine what it is like with 8 other kids trying to "play" also.
So I think that is about all the news from us. My job? Oh it's good. I am a lot busier now, which I like. I am learning new programs that I've never really used before. I am meeting all kinds of new people and everyone is so very nice. It's really the best job. So keep your fingers crossed (and maybe your toes) that this will be something I get to do for the next school year. Not sure when I'll find out about budgets and stuff, but sure would like to keep working there.
Sending many hugs from us to you!!
The Magee's
How are you? I hope this finds you well. I just saw before I started typing that this will be my 101st blog post! That's a lot of posts. I know some of them were probably boring rambles when I first started, but haven't you learned some much about me from reading them? Well if you haven't learned much about me than I am most certain that you've learned a little something about our little lady.
Speaking of her, thought I would come by and let you know how she is. She has two teeth coming in on the bottom, on either sides of her front teeth. The same ones on top are thinking about coming through. Needless to say there has been a lot of finger chewing. I don't understand why she won't chew on anything else, but her finger brings lots of comfort, so I guess. Whatever makes her happy I suppose.
The other day Grandpa Magee was here. He was able to get Rebekah to stand on her own for about two seconds before she realized what was going on and then she promptly fell over on top of him. We had a good visit with him and daddy sure enjoyed going to see Wolverine or whatever with him.
We are trying to get her to eat our food at meal times, so she gets some more practice in the chewing department. I'll post some pictures of her first spaghetti meal. That was fun. It actually didn't get as bad as I thought. Nothing like you see on TV.....at least not yet. She liked it though. On Sunday we had pancakes. I think she liked those too. Aaron even gave her a sample of what it would be like with syrup. Though that didn't really make to much of a difference for her, her facial expressions were still the same.
She is crawling all over the place and is very interested in the cats food. She hasn't managed to get any in her mouth yet, but I know it's a matter of time. I wonder if we should just let her do it and she'll just learn that she doesn't like it and won't go near it. Though the problem I have with that is, what if she does like it. So for now we just chase her down and turn her in another direction. Thinking we might have to move the food, but then again, it's good exercise to get up every five seconds to move her.
The only walking she does is in the pack and play, holding on with both hands, inching her way around. It's cute to watch. Yesterday she thought it would be fun to try to pick up toys with one hand, yet still sort of stand and hold on with the other. It wasn't really working out for her, but she wasn't crying so who am I to complain. Again, whatever makes her happy.
This weekend we are going to celebrate Magee birthday's and Mother's day on Saturday. Off the top of my head I can count about 7 Magee birthdays that happen in the month of May. One is a very special birthday, as it will be Rebekah's cousin Isabella's 1st birthday. Isabella is having a birthday party next weekend in Bend, but they are also coming over here this weekend to help celebrate Mother's day and all the other May birthdays. It should be a really good family celebration.
Next week I am really excited about. My friend Maureen is coming to town next Friday and we will get the opportunity to meet her son Cooper. Cooper is almost a month younger than Rebekah. But we all know that was mostly due to the fact that Miss Rebekah decided to come a little early. I worked with Maureen at Bookbyte and haven't seen her since she got married and moved to Germany. Except she's not in Germany anymore, she's in North Carolina....but that's still far away. Since we won't be traveling to North Carolina any time soon, I am glad that she is able to find some time to come visit us.
Then on Saturday we will be going over to Bend to celebrate Isabella's 1st birthday, at her party. We'll be staying over night and I am hoping that Isabella and Rebekah are able to find some time to play together. It's been really hard to get them together at other family occasions, as you know Isabella and Rebekah are the 9th and 10th grandchildren on the Magee side. So you can only imagine what it is like with 8 other kids trying to "play" also.
So I think that is about all the news from us. My job? Oh it's good. I am a lot busier now, which I like. I am learning new programs that I've never really used before. I am meeting all kinds of new people and everyone is so very nice. It's really the best job. So keep your fingers crossed (and maybe your toes) that this will be something I get to do for the next school year. Not sure when I'll find out about budgets and stuff, but sure would like to keep working there.
Sending many hugs from us to you!!
The Magee's
The new face
Yummmmmmmy dinner
3 comments:
What a dainty little eater! We're excited to see you guys! Do you have one of those vibrating teethers for Rebekah? I got one for Izzy a couple months ago and she loves it!
Cooper's getting all four top teeth right now!!! Ack! I so feel your pain at the moment. I've been stuffing him with teething tablets. :)
Can't wait to meet Miss Rebekah!
So cute! I love this new face she's making!!
Post a Comment