She has 8 teeth now, and is saying things like "thank you", "what's that" or "who's that" and "Hey". She tests herself everyday to see if she can stand by herself. It's usually only for a couple seconds before she grabs onto something for fear she might fall. Makes weird faces that make me smile. She is trying new foods, like watermelon. Not sure if she likes it, but she doesn't hate it either. And I am catching cute little girl things on camera.
Like this first picture. I had a bad night of sleeping so Aaron got up with Rebekah. By the time I got up and out to the living room, this is what I stumbled upon. I know adorable right.

This was a couple days ago. I thought it was cute how she was using Cookie Monster as a pillow. I don't think she knew what she was doing, but I thought it was cute that Cookie Monster was right there waiting.
Rebekah really loves her books. Sometimes a little too much. She really loves to "read" them aloud. I wish I had some video of the conversations she has. It's like she's telling herself the story in "words" she understands.
Rebekah thinks its fun to stand up and play on the outside of the jumper instead of the inside. It makes me nervous when she does, just because she is so unstable on her tiny little legs. I am worried she is going to fall onto the metal legs below. Therefore I don't allow it very often, but sometimes...you can't be everywhere at the same time.

Rebekah finally figured out how to crawl on hands and knees. This should make her papa proud because he says that crawling and reading go hand in hand and if she doesn't crawl then she won't read very well. I don't think Rebekah will have any problem in the reading category.

This picture is from today. My mom had purchased some overalls for Rebekah at goodwill or something like that. I had been waiting for the right time to put them on her. I was worried that they wouldn't fit because Rebekah's belly is kinda big, but they fit well. She looked super cute in them. This picture is okay, but I think she looked cuter. We'll have to take some more pictures with her in them again. Just not today because she was a little "wet" after nap time.
Rebekah thinks its fun to stand up and play on the outside of the jumper instead of the inside. It makes me nervous when she does, just because she is so unstable on her tiny little legs. I am worried she is going to fall onto the metal legs below. Therefore I don't allow it very often, but sometimes...you can't be everywhere at the same time.

Rebekah finally figured out how to crawl on hands and knees. This should make her papa proud because he says that crawling and reading go hand in hand and if she doesn't crawl then she won't read very well. I don't think Rebekah will have any problem in the reading category.

This picture is from today. My mom had purchased some overalls for Rebekah at goodwill or something like that. I had been waiting for the right time to put them on her. I was worried that they wouldn't fit because Rebekah's belly is kinda big, but they fit well. She looked super cute in them. This picture is okay, but I think she looked cuter. We'll have to take some more pictures with her in them again. Just not today because she was a little "wet" after nap time.



3 comments:
Cute, cute! Hard to believe our babies are almost one!
P.S. I've never heard the crawling/reading correlation! Sounds like an old wives' tale to me! (And I have my reading specialist endorsement from EOU, so I should know!) ;-)
She is such a doll and I can't wait to visit you guys!!
Thanks for more cute cute pictures of our little granddaughter! Love the one of Aaron & Rebekah sleeping in the chair. Do they look alike or what?!
Post a Comment