I was going to post pictures on this blog, but Aaron has a different hard drive on and it's a different set up and not what I wanted, so it's just going to have to wait.
We got the keys today to the townhouse/duplex whatever you want to call it. It was nice to walk through and figure out where we wanted things. It was a lot easier to envision as the last time we were there they were painting and had stuff everywhere. We took lots of pictures, especially of the stuff that was damaged already so we won't get in trouble for that later.
If you've seen my facebook, then you know that the toilet makes a hideous noise after it's been flushed. We are getting that taken care of hopefully soon. They are going to have like a roto rooter place call us tomorrow to have someone come out and look at it. My friend Arron suggested something also, which I might try in the meantime. I won't be out until tomorrow.
Oh and I called about the water and we don't have to pay that bill. It's being billed directly to the owner of the property so we won't have to share our bath water and I don't have to give up my super hot showers!!!
Today I bought some peel and stick animals for the walls in Rebekah's room. I wish we could have a mural painted on her bedroom wall like she has now, but peel and stick animals should be enough for now. They are safari animals, which I figured was good since she like monkey's.
I'm anxious to start taking boxes over and unpacking, but then I look around here and there is still so much to pack up. I really need to get into Rebekah's room and do some packing of her clothes and misc other things that we are keeping of hers. She just has so much stuff. Oh wait...I have so much stuff too.
We have a sitter ever afternoon this week for Rebekah, so that works out really good. It will give me the opportunity to go over once a day with a load of stuff to unpack. That's really my favorite part of moving, is the unpacking and planning where everything is going to go. I wish packing was as much fun!
Anyway our big move is Saturday. It's supposed to be 90 that day, so we are hoping to get it all done in the morning/early afternoon before it gets to hot. Maybe I should go buy some water so everyone can stay hydrated.
Just a side note:
A HUGE THANK YOU TO MADISON FOR HER WILLINGNESS AND AVAILABILITY TO WATCH REBEKAH THIS WEEK. I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE WOULD DO WITHOUT YOU! SO THANKS SO MUCH! IT'S A GREAT HELP!
No comments:
Post a Comment