Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Birthdays and other business

On Saturday we celebrated Aaron's grandma's 89th birthday. We all gathered at her assisted living facility for birthday cake and gifts. It was sure a good time and a great celebration. After the birthday we went to Aaron's parents for dinner and celebrate Mother's Day and the other May birthdays. In Aaron's family there are 7 May birthdays, so there was lots to celebrate. The kids had fun playing outside as the weather had cooperated and was sunny and warm.

Sunday was Mother's Day and Aaron was wonderful. He got up with Rebekah so I could go back to sleep. Then I got a nap, which I probably didn't need, but it was nice anyway. He bought me a flower for our yard and a Wii Game I've been wanting for some time. He said he got a really good deal on it. Instead of breakfast in bed we had breakfast for dinner. It was a great day and it was nice to have a break for a change.

As per my previous post I started work last week and only worked last week. On friday I got a call from the temp agency telling me that the people I was working for felt I wasn't catching on fast enough and wanted to try out someone else. I guess the lack of work in 9 months made me a little more rusty at things than I thought. They claimed I wasn't making change very well, but I'll be honest, I suck at math and need to think about it a few seconds before I start handing off money. Apparently that's not quick enough. There was a lot of material to learn and I thought I was doing okay, but they need someone quicker.
Not to worry though, I was offered a job last Thursday and I'm just waiting to get the call with the "details". I took a drug test on Friday morning. The job is with the company Aaron works for in their mailroom. It's actually where Aaron started before he got the job of rebuilding computers. Thankfully we won't be working in the same building. LOL I'm not sure we could handle working together. It's not ideal hours, but it's ideal for everything else: permanent, with benefits and starting pay at $10 an hour.
I'll keep you posted on when I hear the details. It will be nice to have something steady with a great company.


Grandma Mary Jane on her 89th birthday.

Rebekah with Aunt Amy and Uncle Tony

Playin with the cousins at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Weeeeeee this is the perfect slide for me!

Playin with the puzzle cousin Izzy got for her birthday.

Playin "super bekah" with her bib.

helping plant some spring flowers

Got to push in the dirt.


No comments: