If you've ever had Kaiser Perm you know how much fun it is to sit in a room full of sick people while you either wait to see a doctor you might know and/or sit in a lobby waiting for them to fill a prescription that is sure to heal whats bothering you. Today we took Rebekah to the doctor. Not for a check up, but because she was showing all the signs of pink eye. Having had it a time or two....or more times thanI can count on my hand, I'm familiar with pink eye. Her regular doctor was out, so we had to see the only other Pediatrician there. She was nice, but she'd squeezed us in as it was, so we had to wait about twenty extra minutes past our scheduled time. Which is not really fun when you have a sick toddler. In any event the doctor confirmed what I had thought, that Rebekah had pink eye and sent a prescription in to the pharmacy. After waiting what seemed like an eternity for just the smallest little bottle of eye drops we took a tired sick girl home.
Waiting for us was Meatloaf. If you know me at all, then you know I feel this about meatloaf "I hate meatloaf! Double Beat Loaf!! I hate meatloaf!!" (quote from Christmas Story, the part just before the mom makes him eat like a little piggy---yes this means I've seen the movie too many times). However in my ever quest to find meals to make in the crock pot, I found a recipe for meatloaf that actually sounded good to me. It was the standard beef, one egg and bread crumbs...to that you added half a packet of taco seasoning, 1/2 cup of salsa and some mexi cheese blend. Once you place the loaf (or in my case what looked closely like a loaf) in the crock pot then you sprinkle the remaining taco seasoning packet on top and cook for 8-10 hours. Aaron was quite happy that I finally decided to make meatloaf, as its something he enjoys. It was pretty darn good. He even helped himself to a large second helping before he headed off to work to get in at least a half a days worth. That is the good thing about swing shift I suppose.
Since Rebekah doesn't have much of an appetite for anything while she's sick, we do what we can to make sure she's eating. So she had a Popsicle to help her stay hydrated. The funny thing about the Popsicle is that when she's requesting one it doesn't sound like Popsicle...it sounds like she's saying bicycle.
It's not even her bed time and she's already out like a light. I'm soon to follow as we both didn't get much sleep last night. I'm hoping for better sleep now that she's got some medicine in her. It sucked having to take time off from work today, especially since i only started last week. I hope they understand why.
Next posting will include pictures from our weekend trip to Bend. But for now enjoy the picture of Rebekah and her swollen pink eye.
Waiting for us was Meatloaf. If you know me at all, then you know I feel this about meatloaf "I hate meatloaf! Double Beat Loaf!! I hate meatloaf!!" (quote from Christmas Story, the part just before the mom makes him eat like a little piggy---yes this means I've seen the movie too many times). However in my ever quest to find meals to make in the crock pot, I found a recipe for meatloaf that actually sounded good to me. It was the standard beef, one egg and bread crumbs...to that you added half a packet of taco seasoning, 1/2 cup of salsa and some mexi cheese blend. Once you place the loaf (or in my case what looked closely like a loaf) in the crock pot then you sprinkle the remaining taco seasoning packet on top and cook for 8-10 hours. Aaron was quite happy that I finally decided to make meatloaf, as its something he enjoys. It was pretty darn good. He even helped himself to a large second helping before he headed off to work to get in at least a half a days worth. That is the good thing about swing shift I suppose.
Since Rebekah doesn't have much of an appetite for anything while she's sick, we do what we can to make sure she's eating. So she had a Popsicle to help her stay hydrated. The funny thing about the Popsicle is that when she's requesting one it doesn't sound like Popsicle...it sounds like she's saying bicycle.
It's not even her bed time and she's already out like a light. I'm soon to follow as we both didn't get much sleep last night. I'm hoping for better sleep now that she's got some medicine in her. It sucked having to take time off from work today, especially since i only started last week. I hope they understand why.
Next posting will include pictures from our weekend trip to Bend. But for now enjoy the picture of Rebekah and her swollen pink eye.
1 comment:
Oh, sick baby! Poor girl. I hope those eye drops work quick! And good job on the meatloaf - I've never found a good recipe; maybe I'll try this one. ;)
Post a Comment