Just after my last post, I found out that I got a job. So while the first job with Western Beverage didn't work out, I was offered another job with Garten Services. Last week was my official last week with Rebekah. We made the best of it by visiting friends and spending some good quality time together.
My new job is in the mailroom at Garten. For those that read this and know Salem, it's right near the airport. It is also where Aaron started out, before he went to the recycling facility. The company is great, and they do a lot in the community. One of the main things they do is help mentally challenged individuals work steady jobs and feel important in society.
This new job is permanent, full time with benefits. Totally awesome I know. I think the only thing that will take some getting used to are the hours 10-6:30 and the being on my feet all day long. Today was really slow so we got to sit down for most of the morning. That was nice and my back sure appreciated that. I don't know if I'm just exhausted from all the standing or what, but I felt like skipping dinner and going to straight to bed when I got home. Unfortunately I have a toddler so that wasn't going to happen.
I just watched today and will probably tomorrow. I did a few things here and there, but mostly just taking it all in. I don't think it will be nearly as complicated as some of the other jobs I've had in my life. Usually with office work there is a lot of different things to know....but here it's all kind of the same. I like that...it makes going back to work a lot easier. The people are really nice too and it helps that a lof of them know Aaron or worked with Aaron when he was there. I think it will be a good fit for me for now. It will be nice to not have to look for work for awhile. I mean I'd like something different later, but maybe when the economy is better and people who are unemployed will get jobs and it won't be like 500 applicants for one job kind of situation. It's my hope anyway.
Rebekah's sitter is going to be here for the next four weeks and then she'll go to Aaron's cousin Madison for the rest of the summer. I know she'll have a lot of fun there as Madison has watched her some for us in the past. I also hope that it will be a good transition to moving Rebekah to daycare. Now that I'm working full time, it will be easier to find daycare and we have some time to research and find the perfect spot for her. I'd like to find one at a church or something, but the hours are going to be kind of tricky. I really don't want her in daycare until 7 at night, but I guess we have some time to figure that out.
Anyway that's what is going on here. I'll try to report later in the week about the new things Rebekah is doing and saying. I just can't believe she'll be two in a little over a month. It's crazy how fast this time is going.
1 comment:
Congrats on the new job! I'm sure that's a big relief! Good luck! :-)
Post a Comment