Monday, May 3, 2010

First day

This is Rebekah at a birthday party we went to a couple of weeks ago.

Well today I went back to work for the first time in 9 months. Wow what a change. It was nice to be out doing something productive, but I also missed my afternoon play time with Rebekah. I think I also missed our nap time...LOL. There is a TON of stuff for me to learn between now and first part of June. So glad they got someone in their early to learn all this stuff. Between selling beer to customers and checking in the drivers and doing all the evening paperwork, I'm going to be plenty busy. That is, after I master all the many many many programs you have to use to do everything. It was a little overwhelming. I did get to do a little work today, and will do a little more every day. I think once I actually start reading/following directions and doing the work myself I will get the hang of it. The most work I did today was fill promotional bags for Cinco de Mayo. I couldn't believe how many people came in today to buy beer....must need some to get them through the week I guess.


Rebekah seemed to do okay, but was a little clingy with the sitter. I know this is a HUGE adjustment for her. I'm glad we were able to get a sitter for this time, because Im not sure how we would have done with daycare. I feel really good about knowing who my child is spending the day with and it makes it less stressful on me and I can concentrate on the work more. Hopefully she'll be a little bit more comfortable tomorrow. We'll see.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yuck - the first parts of jobs are always overwhelming ... in no time at all you'll be kicking it's rear. So do you get a beer discount? Oh, wait. You don't drink beer, I don't think. ?.