Monday, March 7, 2011

only three months away

So there has been ALOT going on in my life as of late. Recently we found out that my parents were willing to pay for Aaron and I to go away for the weekend of our anniversary....as it is our 5 year. I know it's not major but it is something. We saved our tax money for a big trip this summer and just couldn't afford to do both. We had wanted to stay at the thousand trails (for which we belong) in Seaside the weekend of Memorial Day, but we only wanted to stay two nights and they require a three night min. Didn't really want to do that.

(Pause as I go up to find out what Rebekah is doing while I type this....she had gotten almost all the books-three shelves worth-off her shelf and was then playing with her music box that is already broken. She was quite surprised to see me come through her door and put all the stuff away).

Anyway where was I....oh yes...wanting my two days of child free time with my husband to get here as soon as possible.

After discovering we couldn't stay in Seaside for the days we wanted we just decided to pick another weekend to go, probably better that way with all the traffic and other holiday people visiting the beach.

Then I thought, well maybe we could find a cheap hotel in/around Seaside that would be about as much as it would be to stay at Thousand Trails. Sure enough I found this place, only an hour from Seaside and just outside Tillamook. We can go to the cheese factory (which I've never been to before) and do a host of other things just the two of us. Plus when I did the reservations through expedia I had a $50 off coupon so it was like we got almost a whole night free. I think this makes my mom happy too, but I'm just really looking forward to the whole time away from REbekah. Of course after a day I will probably miss her like crazy....but it would be nice to just have a break. Especially with everything going on.

It is a nice distraction and now I have a few months to figure out all the things we can do!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Woo hoo!! You guys deserve this and I can't believe it's been 5 years! (And the captcha phrase is the name of your cat!)