We have had a busy couple of weeks and I'm just now getting around to putting the pictures on the computer so that I can post them on here. A couple of weekends ago, my brother and his family were over for a little visit. We ended up having a birthday dinner that Saturday for my niece Juliana who turned 3 and my brother who I won't mention the age. LOL
My grandparents came and it was a lot of fun.....with the exception that my brother was sick to his stomach the WHOLE day and didn't get to enjoy any birthday dinner. Though I did hear that when he was feeling better the next day he ate 7 taco's (his birthday dinner choice) to make up for it. I'm not sure after having the stomach flu I would go in and eat 7 taco's...but to each his own Right?!!
Rebekah really enjoyed playing with her cousins (Aiden, Juliana and Maddy Paddy) and I know they enjoyed playing with her. I also know that Aiden really enjoyed being able to play with some of Aaron's star wars toys that are currently being stored at my parents house. I am just glad they are getting used....and not just sitting in the box all the time. :0) Maybe one day Aaron will be able to part with them and they can find a new home with Aiden.
The day after the visit we found out about the stomach flu virus as my sister-in-law and the girls had all been sick on Sunday. I was not happy and prayed a lot that it was not going to affect us. We just didn't need that after both Rebekah and Aaron had been getting over the sickies. It was also that day that I woke up really sick. Thankfully no stomach stuff, just regular sick. On Friday I didn't get very much sleep, between me coughing and Rebekah it was a lose lose situation. So I had to take the day off from work. I sent Rebekah to her cousin's house so I could nap, but I think I only slept for an hour and a half. Which I guess is better than nothing. I spent the rest of the weekend catching up on sleep. Finally on Sunday I was starting to feel normal again and had serious cabin fever so we shopped at Target for a little bit to get out of the house.
This week has been good so far....the sickies are going away for Rebekah and I, but this morning Aaron woke up with a fever. I am so thankful today was so nice, as Aaron left the windows open to air this place out. Hopefully all the germs have found a new home outside and we can all start feeling better.
Today was kind of a crappy day at work. We had a meeting, which was a little out of the norm for us as we have been having them on pay days and we certainly didn't get paid today. We found out that until the mailroom gets more customers and work, that we all had to have hours cut. Our boss couldn't afford to cut just a few people, so instead everyone got a cut in hours. More things to be thankful for, I was only cut an hour a day to make 35 hrs a week. I will go in an hour later in the morning. It's only temporary until business picks up and there were people who were cut a lot more than me. They felt really bad about it and I understand it's never easy when you have to do something like that. The time changes go into effect on Monday....for me it will happen on Tuesday as I had already planned to take Monday off from work for a dentist appointment I'm not looking forward to.
I don't know how it will affect us money wise. Aaron's job is fine and his area is actually thriving. The company as a whole is doing well, so well in fact that on our last paycheck we received a 2% raise, which was totally not expected. I mean they talked about it a few months ago, but I don't think anyone thought we would actually get it. So maybe with that extra money we might come out close to even. Just thankful to still have a job!
So here are the pictures from the last couple of weeks.
Aiden built a runway for his star wars plane thing
This was last weekend...we were watching the end of Happy Feet and it was close to dinner time when someone thought they needed to have a few minutes of extra snooze time. I'm guessing she just put her hand up there for extra support??
1 comment:
Cute, cute, cute! Love all these pictures of the cousin pack and love the last picture of Bekah... for just a moment she looks more like the baby she was than the big girl she is! Hope things at work start to change in big ways ... if I'm remembering right you should find out right about today, which, of course, is completely convenient for me because I get to see you guys tonight! Woo hoo!
Post a Comment