Well I had my doctor's appointment today. Nothing terribly exciting happened. We heard the heartbeat again and Aaron was able to hear it this time. I think it was the first time he'd heard it, so that was exciting for him. The baby seemed to move around a lot during that time, so it's nice that she is so active.
At my next appointment, in a month, I will be tested for the gestational diabetes. I have to drink this sugary drink, wait an hour and then they'll take my blood. I've heard bad things about the drink, so I'm not looking forward to it. Most people say it's like drinking straight sugar. Ick. We'll see. At least I have a month to prepare for that. Not that I would know how to prepare for that anyhow.
I talked to my mom last night and she was able to give me the details on the newest member to our family. As stated in my previous blog, my brother and sister-in-law welcomed Julieanna into their lives on Monday evening. She was 7 lbs, 7 oz, 21.5 inches long. She was born at 7:20 pm on the 17th. I'm thinking that 7's are going to be her lucky number. :) They have settled on the middle name of Mae. All members of the family are doing well and will be going home from the hospital today. Aiden seems to enjoy sitting with her in his lap and watching her. Though I wonder how long that will last.
2 comments:
The sugary stuff I got (prepregnancy) was actually not that bad. It tasted like really sugary orange soda, but not disgustingly so. I have my sugar test next month too and they told me I'd get a candy bar instead of the drink! WOOHOO!
The test really isn't bad. My drink tasted like a flat sprite. Waiting an hour is the worst part. It gets boring sitting there. Congratulations on your new baby neice!!
Post a Comment