Friday, April 4, 2008

Boxes, Boxes, Boxes

Sorry I haven't been in touch for a couple of weeks. We have been pretty busy lately. We are helping Aarons parents move from the duplex this weekend and then on the 19th we are planning to move our stuff in. Our apartment is a sea of boxes, in every spare corner, wall, room we have piles and piles of boxes. There is still stuff to pack...if you can believe that. I don't know how we got all this stuff in there, and i'm not sure how we'll get it all out. At least we are moving to a place that has a double garage for that much more extra storage.

Besides the constant packing not much else is going on. Aaron seems to really like his new job and is still working the day shift. They lost someone last week and so are unable to start the swing shift just yet. I'm okay with that, because he actually gets home the same time I do and so we have the evening to spend with each other.

I am not liking my job so much, but that really shouldn't be a suprise to anyone. I have been talking about not going back after the baby and just getting another job. Like with the school district as a Teachers Aid or something. With Aaron eligible for benefits in July, he'll be able to cover all of us. His job pays 100% of his insurance, so that is really good. Not many do that these days.

Anyway I don't know if I will get around to posting again before we move. So if there is anyone out there that reads this, doesn't live a million miles away and hasn't already been contacted, we could really use some help moving on the 19th. We are planning on getting a uhaul truck to make it easier, but still need some strong people to help with the furniture, as that should be all that's left by then. Let me know if you are interested!!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I volunteer Douglas! He's a good mover!! Oh wait...we're one of those people who live a billion miles away from you. If you join the military...you don't ever have to pack a box again in your life. :) :) they do it for you!!

Lisa said...

My dear, you NEED a U Haul because of all of the STAR WARS MEMORABILIA! But it does make your husband just that much cuter and endearing. If I lived by you, I'd be there in a heartbeat, so I'll just pray for you. Moving weekend. Blech. Lisa has a new plan: get her MSW, move to Portland / Salem. Get a good paying job. Be happy. So don't you two go anywhere for the next 5 years. Give me a chance to catch up to you! And my almost niece!! (Oh my! the word verification below is almost a naughty word!!)