My friend Maureen, who is due three days before me, calls it cankles and sausage toes. But I gave it a new term yesterday, Flubby Feet. It just sounds more fun. It's lump, chubby and fat all in one term. I think it should be added to the dictionary as pregnant woman slang. That's just my opinion.
I went to the doctor today and baby was all kind of active. Though I think it was because of the large amount of sugar I took in prior to checking the heartbeat. The "drink" that I've heard everyone talk about and tell me it's either nasty or not that bad, was what I had to drink today. It was a lemon/lime sort of flavored drink and I think the only thing that was good about the drinking of the product was the carbonation. Most of the other drinks are just like flat soda, but my doctor found this one to be the best out of all of them. It had a really nasty aftertaste and it gave me a headache, but other than that it was okay. The nurse took my blood an hour after I had the drink, and she said she would contact me at the end of the week with the results. I am hoping that it comes out okay, because she said that if it did not I would have to do the test again only this time it would be after fasting for 12 hours, drinking it again and having my blood drawn ever hour for three hours. Yuck.
So pray that it comes out okay.
In other news we are moving this weekend. The weather now says snow in the higher elevations and rain. I don't know if that is better than rain and thunderstorms. Maybe we'll get it all. That will make it so much more fun.
We did get a bunch of stuff moved over this past weekend when it was so nice. My parents, thank heavens for parents, came and helped us haul loads to the duplex. They came again last night and we took some more stuff over. Then they helped us put some of the stuff in the duplex. The carpet was still a little damp from when they were cleaned the day before so we couldn't put any of the furniture out, but we did get it in and on the areas that were not covered in carpet.
We will probably go over tonight and move the stuff to where it needs to be. Plus take some more stuff over. It's going to be a busy weekend.
I'll try to post some pictures of our moving...and I do have pictures of my flubby feet to post. I took those especially for my friend Lisa.
2 comments:
I like flubby feet...or rather I like the TERM flubby feet. Thankfully after a few days of taking it easy and putting my feet up, everything has returned to normal and I have ankles again!
Sorry your drink was kind of icky. They gave me a Hershey's bar to eat when I checked in. Now THAT is good stuff! Chocolate required by your doctor! It also got Cooper got going like Rebekah. he was all over the place while we were looking for the heartbeat. silly kids!
O, yes, you'd better post those pictures ~ it's so not fair that we live so far apart while you're expecting your first! How on earth can I truly experience flubby feet and lemony lime drinks when I'm waaaay the heck over here? Although, I'm told drinking a tad bit of red wine can help induce labor if it gets to that point, so I can most *definitely* help you in that category! WW Vineyards to the rescue! Although, come to think of it, I don't even know if you DRINK reds! Best of luck moving this weekend, I really do wish I could have helped you guys!
Post a Comment