Today Rebekah had her 6 month baby check up, even though she is 7 months now. Somehow with the scheduling of doctor visits we always seem to get further and further out. Anyhow, she is exactly 20 lbs and measured in at 27 3/4 inches. The doctor couldn't get over the fact that she was born prematurely, if only by 3 1/2 weeks. He says shes gone way beyond that and is really healthy. He wanted to squeeze her big cheeks and kept commenting on her cute rolls of fat! She is in the 90-95 percentile for head measurement, weight and length so all is good with her.
He suggested that we start feeding her solids a couple times a day, as we have only been doing night feedings. So tomorrow I will start giving her cereal and then in the evening give her the usual.
She did get shots again and seems to be doing well. She only cried at first because of the needle pokes, but after that was calm and wanted to play. They don't seem to be bothering her as of yet, so am thankful about that. We'll see how the rest of the day goes. I wanted to post some pictures and video I had of her from the last couple of days, but we seem to be having technical difficulties between me, the camera and the USB cord. So the next post, I'll do pictures.
3 comments:
Rebekah is getting so big! I'm so happy to hear her appointment went well! She's caught up to Isabella's weight!
Wow, 20lbs, huh?! Just shows that Rebekah is flourishing. Thanks for the update on her progress.
Elizabeth, I love the backgrounds you choose on this blog! It shows your talent as a scrapbooker!
Wow! i know I've been terrible about commenting on your blog lately. :( She is a big girl!
Cooper's only 16.5 pounds. He's up to 4 solids a day! One at breakfast, 2 for lunch, and 1 at dinner. We're adding another dinner one next week. Isn't it fun!?
Oh and he has teeth poking through!
Post a Comment