Friday, January 9, 2009

Life and Jobs

Today was my last day of working at Regence. I had hoped that they would hire me on full time, but they did not. I heard it was only a couple of people who were chosen. One had a sister working there, so we all figured she would get hired on because of that...and she did. Bookbyte is hiring for their data entry department and while I don't like management there much, it would be a job for a little while until something else better came along. I don't know when they are doing the hiring yet, but would imagine it would be soon. I also put in an application with Willamette ESD for a registar position at Hillcrest. I have interviewed there before, and hopefully I will get another shot at trying to work there. While that isn't my ideal place to work either, it's a job and I'm in need of one.

It will be nice to be home with Rebekah again, but at the same time I will also miss getting up and going to work.


In other news, Rebekah is having fun with her rolling over and over. She's started doing it in the crib, which isn't so good as she wakes herself up when she ends on her stomach. She is sitting up pretty good these days, but still likes to lean to one side and then fall over. One day she'll get it figured out.
Rebekah has been liking most of the fruits we have given her, minus banana's. I don't know if it was because they were not fresh or the texture. I want to try some fresh ones with her and see if that makes a difference. Tonight we are going to try some sweet potatos and see if she likes them.
Last week was the first time we put her in the tub all by herself, with just a little water at the bottom. She loved it! She loves splashing her feet and she had my arm soaked by the end of bath time. Her next doctor's appointment isn't until the 29th, but we are eager to see how much she has grown.

Aaron and I are doing well after the busy holidays. I do currently have a cold, but nothing major. I think I'm on the mend, so that is good. So far Rebekah isn't showing signs of a sickness and Aaron has been feeling pretty good also. We are thankful about that!!

Hope everyone has a good relaxing weekend. I'll need to get some new pictures up for you soon.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully something you like comes along soon. At least you're getting to be home with Rebekah! Have a great weekend!