Some face to face time with cousin Juliana
Rebekah opening her stocking next to cousin Aiden. Due to the nasty weather, my brother and his family couldn't come over before Christmas, so we had our Christmas the day after New Years. Christmas is still fun, no matter what day you celebrate it.
Rebekah is sitting in my old rocking chair.
This is a picture of Rebekah trying out a sippy cup. I read in one of the baby magazines that we get that it's a good idea to introduce them to the cup and even put water in it so they can learn and know what they are supposed to do with it. She knows it has something in it, but I think she's hoping for formula not just water.
Finally here is a picture of our big girl sitting up all by herself. She is getting better and better everyday. For example I haven't felt comfortable leaving her in the sitting position unless I'm around, but this afternoon I thought I would try it while I went to make her a bottle. She managed to stay sitting up the entire time. Her teething symptoms are not fun...especially the messy end..if you know what I mean. She is getting grumpier and grumpier as the days go on, so I'll be glad when she goes back to being happy baby all the time. I think I've gotten used to that. For those of you who are newer parents, they have these things, I can't remember what they are called, but it's like a food masher thing. You put the food in this little mesh pouch that they chew on. Anyway I had received some from a shower and thought we could start having Rebekah use them. They are wonderful, they hold an ice cube perfectly and she thinks that is the greatest treat after dinner. Mostly I think it's because it's cold and feels good on her teething gums. Last night when I was at my parents house, I put a piece of apple in the pouch and she loved it. It had a different taste than the ice cubes we had been putting in there. I think she prefers that now. Tonight I used banana's, because I wanted to see if she still didn't like them or what. She seemed to do okay, but still not overly fond of banana.

1 comment:
What a big girl! Those milestones in your babies lives are so fun to see!
Post a Comment