Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New friends, birthdays and a new baby

Wow it's been a busy week. I thought I had better blog before this weekend, as there will be plenty more pictures and thoughts to share then. Last Friday I watched a friends little boy for a couple of hours. Gavin is almost a year and he sure had fun playing with Rebekah's toys. Rebekah on the other hand was busy flirting and laughing. Boys make her laugh...I don't know what it is....but it sure looks like a bunch of flirty behavior that I'm hoping she'll grow out of. Otherwise we'll be in a heap of trouble when she gets older.
On Saturday we had a Gunter get together at my parents place. It was a time for us to celebrate the June, July and August birthdays. (3 in June, 2 in July and 4 in August). It was a beautiful...yet hot day so we spent the majority of the time indoors with the a/c on. As with any gathering there was plenty of food and birthday fun. My nephew was able to come over with my parents so that he could spend some time with his cousins and to also share in birthday celebrations. He'll be 6 next week.
Yesterday I went back to my parents house to see my newest niece Madelyn. She is 2 months now and absolutely beautiful. She looks a lot like my brother. My dad, brother and nephew went to see the Volcanoes play in Keizer so that left the girls to get together. My aunt and cousins came to see Madelyn also, so it was a good get together. My other niece Juliana is very active at 16 mo. At one point while I was chasing down Rebekah, I turn around and Juliana was sitting on the table. She really is a handful. Juliana and Rebekah were able to share a bath last night...but as you will see it's like they could care less about each other. It was pretty funny.

On Friday were headed back out to my parents where we'll celebrate my birthday and my nephew Aiden's birthday with my brother and SIL who weren't able to make the previous celebration. It means some more time with my sweet little niece and more time for Rebekah and Juliana to play...if Rebekah can keep up.
Saturday is the Homer Davenport parade and other festivities. It is also my birthday. It is sure to be a busy day, as we'll have a family celebration with the Magee side in the afternoon. My father in law's birthday is on Friday. Lots of August birthdays.
I have some cute videos, but I think I'll wait for my next smilebox to post them. It's so much easier with that program. At any rate...I hope you enjoy the pictures.

The flirty look.


Playing with new friend Gavin

I'm not sure what she's doing...Juggling perhaps?!


Cousin Ruby opening her presents...she got an extreme sidewalk chalk kit. It looked really cool...so cool I wanted to play with it.

Nephew Aiden giving his cousin Rebekah a smooch. (yet when it's time to give his aunty Elizabeth a smooch...its "do I have to?!")


Aiden with his new lego toy (which Uncle Aaron helped him put together after everyone left).

Aiden with the birthday cake....which was for all of us. I'm not sure why all the other people aren't in this picture...a little camera shy I guess.

Last nights bath time. See I told you...they could care less that there is someone else in the tub with them...as long as they have toys.

and last but not least...precious little Madelyn.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

You and Jeremy are sure giving Jeff and Winn some beautiful grandbabies. {and I LOVE her flirty look!}

Debby/Mom said...

Sounds like your plate is very full right now with all the goings ons! We look forward to celebrating you Elizabeth and Mike tomorrow!
Cute, cute pictures, love the blog!