Monday, August 17, 2009

Our borings lives

We looked at some duplexes today in Keizer. The first one we looked at smelled like dead bodies or something, but was really roomy and I could see us living there. The second one was smaller and the garage wasn't attached to the unit, but attached to the garage for the other unit. It was a weird set up and basically we could just use it for storage and not a place to put the car. I just wasn't impressed...other than it smelled a heck of a lot better than the first one.
There was another one across the street from the smelly duplex that Aaron wants to go and look at, so I think we'll be making another trip out to Keizer this week to look at it. We want to make sure there is no mold or dead bodies before we fill out all the paper work. Plus it's a $35 fee for each of us, which totally sucks, so we want to be absolutely sure we want the place.

I finally found some shoes for Rebekah today on clearance at Fred Meyers. I was glad Rebekah was with me so that I could try them on her before I bought them. Turned out to be cheaper than the ones I got on clearance from Walmart. Your shocked, I know me too!

Sold a bed today. I posted it on Craigslist on Saturday and had a lot of people interested in it. Almost everyone wanted to come look at it before they decided to buy it. But today I got an email and the lady said she could pick it up today...SOLD! She came and picked it up, paid us $40 and hauled it away. Now if only we could sell our Xbox as easily as we sold the bed. The next thing to sell after Xbox is the couch, but since we are currently using it as a way to keep Rebekah corraled I think we'll wait unitl we are about ready to move before we sell it. Just don't want to move it again and we don't really use it. Think we would like a loveseat or something like that.

Applied for three jobs with the state last week and found a few jobs thru Craigslist, including a job with Willamette Univ. so applying for that. Hopefully something will work out....I'm starting to miss working. Don't get me wrong, I love staying home with Rebekah, but I think her and I would benefit from some time apart.

This past weekend we had the second yard sale at my parents place. Was surprised when Stu (the "transgendered" mayor of Silverton) got out of his car with girlfriend in tow (I know it's weird) to shop at our sale. It's a weird thing to wrap your brain around when you are sitting there looking at what appears to be a woman and then talking to them only to hear a very manly voice come out. He was appropriately dressed for the day, all black and everything tight so you can see stuff you don't really want to see. Then he didn't even buy anything. What a deal! We did make about $88 despite any support from the mayor!

Looking forward to Friday. Shanna is getting married. I was thinking about it the other day, about when I met Shanna. She was three and I was in junior high. I used to babysit her and her two brothers. They went to our church and quickly became my second family. I've watched them all grow up, and have been blessed to have them part of my life. Shanna just graduated from college and is an RN with Silverton Hospital. She helps deliver babies. It's weird thinking about how long I've known her (19 yrs..I think), because it really just feels like not that long ago. But gosh...I feel old now!

I wish I had some pictures to share with you. Our professional pictures come in on Thursday, so I'm excited to see them. After they get here, I'll post more of them from the CD.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So excited to see your professional pictures! And believing the Right Place will come along!! Soon!!!

bananachick said...

Oh my gosh! You crack me up!!