Well almost a big girl. Over the weekend we changed up Rebekah's room, took the front off her crib to make way for big girl bed. While she loves saying "big girl bed" she does not like sleeping in big girl bed. After going without a nap and then crying herself to sleep, Rebekah finally was asleep in the big girl bed. About an hour later Aaron and I heard "crThunk" followed by crying. Yep, Rebekah fell out of big girl bed. Poor thing. Then she didn't want to sleep in big girl bed anymore.
So we made a bed for her on the floor next to big girl bed. She slept comfortably there and in the morning I walked into her room to get her up and she was no where to be found. Instant panic set in...where could she be, she's not able to open the doors by herself. Then I heard coughing...looked under her "big girl bed" and there she was asleep on the floor. Couldn't believe she'd rolled under the bed and had slept there the remainder of the night. Funny girl.
The crib we got does convert to a toddler day bed, but it does not have a partial rail thingy. I have seen them online, but no stores have had them available to purchase in store, so I will have to order one online. Until it comes, Rebekah will sleep safely on the floor. I have blocked the entrance to under the bed, so hopefully she won't roll under there again, but she still manages to find other weird places to lay.
Here are some before/after pictures of the new room.



These are the before pictures I took last September when we moved in.
The new "big girl bed"

She doesn't have nearly as many toys anymore...she proved she couldn't have the distraction in her room. The supply is limited.


We decided to get just one garbage can instead of one for diapers and one for garbage. It saved a lot of room and will probably end up working just as good. We also have to remove her clothes hamper at night, otherwise we'll wake up to dirty clothes all over the room. Otherwise the new look is working out good.
1 comment:
You might want to move the lotion and powder up. It makes a nasty paste. ;)
Post a Comment