Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer is finally here!!!

Today was like most days, with the exception that we finally got to see that bright thing in the sky called the sun. Yes we live in Oregon where it rains more times than we can count, but it's June and we should have less rain and more sun. Lately I've been thinking that Mother Nature is having mood swings. One day its nice (like today) and the next its dumping rain on us. Whatever the reason today was fantastic and the yard people came yesterday so we were able to enjoy our yard.

Last year we lost a family friend to cancer and it seems everyone we know has someone who has cancer or has a friend/family member who died from the sucky disease. It's just a lot of yuck. When this friend died, I wanted to give money, but we didn't have any to give to any of her charities. So what do you do when you don't have money.....you give the gift of hair. I have been growing my hair out since last October and finally had enough that I could cut to donate to Locks of Love.
I had 12 1/2 inches and you need dontate at least 10.

I wanted to donate 11 inches, but the lady cutting my hair said I wouldn't have enough left over to do with what I wanted. So she cut 10.

I haven't had short hair like this since college and everyone I've seen today says it looks cute. Rebekah cried because she didn't recognize her mommy and I almost cried when they cut all of it off. It's going to be an adjustment for both of us I think, but I really like the new look and am really happy I stuck with it long enough to have this hair to donate.


After my hair cut I needed to do some shopping for Father's Day and Aaron's birthday. I also wanted to look at the tricycles, as I'd seen one online that we wanted to get for Rebekah for her birthday. I found the bike, which was a little bit more than online, but after I figured shipping costs, it would probably come out to be the same. I also found this cute little bubble blower, that is a fan. Easy push of a button and you have bubbles.

Rebekah loves it!! She thinks it is the funnest thing on the planet. This is her trying to get the button pushed so the bubbles will come out.

Ohhhhhhhh bubbles!! She's so excited. She could play with this all day long. I have to admit I wasn't expecting all these bubbles to come out when you turned on the fan. It is pretty cool and pretty cheap (I got it at Target for anyone interested).

It takes a lot of concentration to get all those bubbles out.

When it was time to come inside tonight she cried because she was having so much fun with her bubble blower. You know it's a good toy when they cry because they can't play with it anymore.

And finally......Aaron caught this picture of Rebekah today. I laughed so hard when I saw it. She loves wearing my shoes and I really shouldn't be surprised...this is so darn cute. Silly girl.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the pictures of her blowing bubbles! So cute!

Just a thought...when I was researching hair donation on Locks of Love's website, it said that most of the hair goes to wigs made for kids with alopecia--a hair-loss disease.

My sister's daughter donated a few weeks ago and they wanted to make sure it went to cancer patients, so they donated to Pantene's donation program since their hair goes to cancer patients.

Something you might want to research!

Lisa said...

Your hair is soooo cute!!!! I love it!! Rebekah's pretty cute playing with those bubbles, too. I'm getting pretty excited about her birthday party ... ;)